“Great wood fired pizza, simple and good pasta, great price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Galleria

Cafe Galleria
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Midway
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This little restaurant has won some local awards, and has very good reviews on other websites such as http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/54/1480154/restaurant/Salt-Lake-City/Cafe-Galleria-Midway.
Park City, Utah
“Great wood fired pizza, simple and good pasta, great price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We live in Midway, and this is a locals favorite! Cafe Galleria is NOT upscale dining, but IS a unique, "cool little find". The price is relatively inexpensive. The wood fired pizza is great, with many varieties, meat and vegetarian. During the summer there is outside dining on the lawn under the trees with quiet non-obtrusive live music (guitar player or duet). (The seating is literally on the lawn, with a few stepping stone!) Again, this is a simple, unique, eclectric dining experience! We dine in and take out. Sometime we'll order pizza and a sideorder of meatballs. I agree with fellow TA review, the service is ok, be patient (and helpful! to the staff!) It is usually busy and crowded! The pasta is basic and good. We feel fortunate to have this cool little place in our village!

• Visited August 2012

Utah
“Dear Owner,”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Food that makes you wanna come back, service that keeps you from doing so...

I have been here a few times and I have to say the pizza is great. Their pizza meets competition level judging aspects of this type of pizza (thin crust, wood fired). They also use san marzano tomatoes for the sauce and use the correct ratio of sauce/dough/cheese.

Unfortunately, everytime we have been here (3 times in 3 months) the service has been horrible. I don't want to be rude but a few things I have noticed all relate to service, which begins with a strong leader and clear expectation for the staff. 1. The only server I have seen there everytime is Maria and her service standards are poor at best. 2. The other servers always seem to be ancillary and either are not trained or are not allowed to assist Maria. 3. Keeping staff is hard, but I have never seen the same server twice, besides Maria.

Realistically, this place could be an all star eatery. The owners just need to wake up, if you are not willing to spend the time it takes to have a strong service team, then just change your format. I would be happy to come in place my order at the front table, pay up front, fill my own cup of soda, and either pick up my order when it is ready or hand me a table number stand so you can drop it.

Then the high school students and transient employees have half as much to learn and I don't have to feel like a martyr everytime I want to enjoy your great product!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Bluedrd
San Jose, California
“Incredible pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is by far my favorite place that we ate on vacation. European pizza at its best. The location was perfect, and the environment was awesome. I cant wait to go back.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Rex T
“3/5...a solid C”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

The pizza wasn't too bad and the area with very nice. I enjoyed ghe surrounding more than anything. Service was okay...never refilled drinks and didn't seem too excited for my business.

1 Thank rnasadie
Springville, Utah
“Looked better than it was, but still charming”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Found this by driving along Main Street. Looked absolutely charming. And it was to a certain extent--tables outside under the awning or a tree or a canopy. If we had arrived a little later, there would have been live music outside. But the menu is limited to pizza and bagels. A bit limited. Service was attentive, but food was slow coming even though we only ordered a bagel sandwich. Fun, but would try something else next time.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Peg I

Been to Cafe Galleria? Share your experiences!