“disappointed”

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I arrived about 3pm on a Wednesday and asked to rent snow ski equipment. Young man told me to come back at 5pm. I asked if he has size 14 1/2 ski boot and he said no and I would have a difficult time finding that size boot. I've skied a dozen places and have never had an issue finding that boot size. He also told me to write down the 'European' size for future reference. I've never asked for a European size the dozen times I've rented. We drove 2 miles up the road to Adventure Haus ski rentals and got much better service.

1  Thank DKB863
midwayadventure, Owner at Midway Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

I find this DISAPPOINTING! that you would even think to write this when you stood there as I called other ski shops for you to see if they had a size for you!!!! You should not write a review like this when a shop would go the extra mile as we did to call other places for you to try and find a shop that could help you. You stood there and listen to me on the phone trying to find boots for you. Very truly dusiappointed indeed. I think You should re think before you post things like this and try and hurt a business that tried to help you.

There are newer reviews for Midway Adventure Company

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The extended family went on a snowmobile trip and everyone from the 9-year kids to the 72-year grandpartners loved the trip. In fact, they enjoyed the trip so much that two days later a group returned for a second trip on a different trail. Also, the entire reservation process as well as getting ready for the trip was perfect and simple.

1  Thank bubba65
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Me and my Husband did a 4-hour ATV ride, self-guided. The total cost was $294.00 plus $7.50 per ATV to fill up gas afterward.

It was SO much fun! However, I rate 4 stars because:

A) The directions to the head of the trail (after reaching cascade springs) were not very clear. The couple that went before us became lost too, so it wasn't that we didn't listen to instructions. The instructions were not clear, and the map was not helpful. We wasted 40 minutes going the wrong way but we ended up figuring it out on our own. Not a big deal, but still.

B) The website says your rental includes goggles, but we did NOT receive any. If my husband hadn't had an extra pair of sunglasses for me to wear, the trip would have been miserable due to the amount of dust and dirt that flies in your face (even when following another ATV at a distance). I still got some dirt in my eye with sunglasses on, but it was better than nothing (I was definitely grateful to have sunglasses on compared to nothing at all!!). BRING YOUR OWN GOGGLES OR SUNGLASSES TO WEAR, YOU NEED THEM!

Other than those two things, it was great. I highly recommend doing the 4-hour ATV self-guided. It was the perfect amount of time and allowed us to enjoy the breathtaking beauty of the canyon. Also, make a reservation, because a lot of people came in right after us wanting to do different things but they couldn't because most everything had been rented out. I'm glad we made a reservation because we got the last two ATV's!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This company puts safety first. They have top notch equipment (and helmets) and make sure that you know how to operate it. The price is reasonable and the scenery is incredible. Recommend this activity for folks of all ages who can hold on!. The two-hour tour follows a trail that is paved, gravel, dirt, and part of it goes off-road for an exciting and memorable ride. Bring along a bandana to filter out the dust from other riders and some water. Wear long pants and closed toe shoes. This activity is one of the highlights of our Western vacation.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We took a last minute ATV tour in the Wasatch and Unitas at Midway. The owner/operator was awesome to work with - nice guy, very helpful, great tips on what to do and most importantly - NOT to do. Took the family on a 1/2 day ATV tour up the side of a mountain - the views are once in a lifetime. Cost for 4 was under $275 and was well worth it. I'll do it again!

1  Thank Bisulfite