“I will tell you why all the hype....”

Tarahumara Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Midway
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Tarahumara Restaurant is an authentic Mexican restaurant that serves fresh food daily. We provide outdoor (seasonal) or indoor seating for our restaurant, cantina and bakery. Our restaurant has counter service in our restaurant and bakery, and a full wait staff in our Cantina. Face painting is free for children every Tuesday, and kids are always welcome to draw and have fun! We put lots of crayons on every table in authentic Mexican food cans for the children to use (Please don't confuse these cans for food! They are only decorations that we purchased as a creative way to hold the crayons. Someone actually accused us that they weren't decorations, but we like them and so do our regulars so we're keeping them!). Our adults-only Cantina offers a full bar as well as a full-menu. We also offer live music in our Cantina, Friday through Sunday. Come see us for great food, fun, and maybe even a little dancing ;)
Ottawa, Canada
“I will tell you why all the hype....”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Wowzers! We just had an amazingly delicious meal at Tarahumara. Driving through to Colorado from Salt Lake, we checked in on Trip Advisor and decided to give this gem a try. We are so happy we did! The Salsa bar is both fun and tasty, but this is just the start. Our table ordered chicken fajitas, shrimp fajitas and the shrimp mango and avocado salad. The service was fast and the food very fresh with wonderful flavours. I had the salad and it came with juicy plump shrimp, fresh advocado and lovely mango...a real treat! My family ate their fajitas with zeal, everyone pleased with their selections. Give this place a try...as we are from Canada, I regret I may never sample this special establishment again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank CKelso2005

Salt Lake City, Utah
“What's all the hype???”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

No servers, many salsas but only mediocre, lacks in portion size and expensive. Being Hispanic I was expecting this place to be amazing after reading some reviews. I was less than impressed and came out thinking what did I just spend my money on. The food was average, Not bad but not great either. It was confusing and strange to be at a restaurant and have to walk clear to the front to get your own refills and have no staff to help with needs. Would I go here again?? No. I had the Carne Asada burrito and tried 10 different salsas not fully enjoying any of them. If you are in the mood for mediocre Mexican food then this will be your place.

• Visited June 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Flavor and Large Portions”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This restaurant was THE BEST Mexican food we'd had in a long time. What a choice at the Salsa Bar! They even had a kids' salsa that ours went back to refill again and again! We were SO FULL from the large portions and everything was so delicious and flavorful it was painful to leave anything uneaten on our plates!

Visited June 2013
West Jordan, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best mexican food in Utah”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Each time I visit Midway, I have to make time to come to Tarahumara. This is the best mexican food in Utah and well worth the sometimes long line around dinner time.

Visited June 2013
Park City
“Great Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

It's tough to find great Mexican food in the Park City area so when I want it, I go to Tarahumara in Midway. The owners are always at the cash register and are very friendly. Perfect first impression. I love the enchilada, mole, burritos and tacos. Everything is good. They have one of the best salsa bars on the planet. Generous portions reasonably priced. If you have room, try their tres leches cake. It's a family recipe and the best I've ever had. Place gets crowded and the food takes a while when it does so you gave to be patient. Best place to sit is the outdoor deck but it fills up fast. Luckily you get chips to munch on while you wait. It's worth it.

• Visited May 2013