“pay close attention to your bill....” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Homestead Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Riverton, Utah
“pay close attention to your bill....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Make sure upon check out you read over your bill. They may have some hidden charges you hadnt agreed upon or think you wont catch. Overall the stay was good until we checked out and had to go back to the front desk 3 times to get it fixed!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JAD43
TripXpert1, Front Office Manager at Homestead Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear JAD43,
I want to personally apologize as I am the one that attempted to correct your bill for you at check out. It's a rare occasion that an inclusive package such as yours doesn't automatically calculate properly and I'm so sorry that I didn't pay closer attention when I made the manual entries to try to fix it. I'm grateful that we found the problem right away and were able to correct it before finalizing your payment. While it certainly was not intentional, I can understand your concern at the possibility of being overcharged.
Since your departure I've reached out to the proper departments to have this package billing issue fixed in our system so it does not happen again. We make every effort to bill accurately but we also know that mistakes can and do happen. We ask and encourage every guest to closely review their bill, as we did with yours, before authorizing any payment be taken on their credit card.
The entire team here works very hard at creating wonderful memories and I just hope that my error didn't completely overshadow their efforts. We all appreciate your business very much and hope that you'll return to The Homestead again.
Xandria Salonen
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at Homestead for a family wedding in July. The setting was just beautiful - from the grounds, to the gardens, to spotting deer in the meadows!
We stayed in one of the cottages across the road from the main resort. Our accommodation was excellent, very spacious and clean. We had a balcony not just from the living area downstairs, but also from our bedroom upstairs, which gave us views of a brook and a pond.
There is a range of accommodation available to suit different needs and different budgets.
Some rooms could perhaps do with a upgrade, but our cottage was first class.

We found the staff very welcoming and extremely helpful. There was live music on the Friday evening - we thoroughly enjoyed sitting outside on the restaurant deck listening to it.
The buffet provided for the wedding was delicious.

We took the time to have a soak in the crater - very relaxing!
This really was a stunning location for a wedding. Hope we can go back one day.

Room Tip: Cottage rooms are lovely and perhaps most modern.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dm12358
Lehi, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

If you book a room with the homestead resort, PLEASE make sure there will NOT be a wedding going on right outside your door. We had blaring music that felt like the beat was rocking our room about 20 ft outside our door. Homestead offers wedding and receptions, so beware of this.

The music continued strong until midnight. I tried calling the front desk multiple times to find out when the music would turn off, but they would never answer my call. I then used my cell phone (instead of the room phone), and low and behold, someone answered on the first ring! I told them my concern about the unreasonably loud music and they were of no help. They basically said they had no idea when it would turn off.

When we checked out the next morning, I told the lady at the front desk about how loud the music was outside our door and how we couldn't sleep with it going on, and she basically made us feel like we were ridiculous for wanting to go to bed before midnight!

The inconvenience of the music was one thing, but the way we were treated/the situation was handled, was not professional at all. It it was handled in a better way, we might have considered staying there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jenn K
TripXpert1, Manager at Homestead Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Jenn K,
I was disappointed to read about the details of your stay, both in your comment card email as well as outlined here in your review. The joyous celebration of one guest is certainly no more important than restful night's sleep of another and I'm so sorry if we gave you any other impression. Please accept my apology, both for the disturbance as well as how it was handled. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Its feedback like yours that allows my team a true glimpse of the guests' perspective and there is no better tool when training our staff in customer service.
I do hope you will consider staying with us again. I know our team has learned from this and would love another opportunity to give you a memorable Homestead experience.
Eric Clark

Travelers are raving about these Midway hotels

Midvale, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We went to the Homestead for our anniversary. We stayed in the Shaker house.

The Homestead is a really nice resort. The grounds are pretty (we were there in October so it was decorated for fall). The drive up was fantastic with the fall colors! We went to the crater for a mineral soak, which was expensive but fun. The staff was pleasant and every singe maintenence person we passed said hello and asked how we were, which was nice.

We had dinner at Simon's. The food was good, the servers very friendly. Fanny's Grill was closed for the season when we went, so the food choices were limited unless we had wanted to go next door to their sister resort, The Zermatt. The prices there are really high, so we stuck with Simon's. They served breakfast at Simon's as well, and though it was a small menu the food was good.

The room we were in was on the upper level of the Shaker house. The small patio overlooks a central area with a big fountain. The room was just okay. You could defnitely tell that the place could use a makeover. The "art" on the walls was faded and not great. The paint on the building was peeling in places. But the room was clean and comfortable, if outdated.

All in all it was a nice stay. I can't really rave about it, but I can't really complain either. It was pleasant. I would like to stay in the winter and do a sleigh ride.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jedigirl77
Salt lake Lake, Utah, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I feel like this was set up for a fun weekend but was frustrating. I will be specific so this is constructive-
1. We checked in at 4pm to find out we have to be out 20 hours later?!?!
2. i could not get a massage until 11 AM the next day and had to extend the checkout 30 minutes and could not relax and use the other spa amenities that I paid for because i had to hurry and check out,
3. the room was musty and dark and dingy looking and just a little depressing and old
4. for the price we paid i feel like we overpaid for an average weekend get away
5. the crater people at check in were not efficient and not friendly at the little shack,
6. my husband played golf and enjoyed himself, he did not like that he and his friend were forced to play with 2 others to make a foursome, they did not like the pace of the people and golf costs enough that they should not HAVE to play with anyone
7. at checkout they did not have our promotion correct and were overcharged, then to fix it we had to stand at the front desk for over 30 minutes, when the simple thing would have been to credit us the 50 and then fixed it on the back end, the first lady (younger) had a little book that clearly showed the promotion but neither her or the other lady could figure it out, the other lady (older) was all annoyed and huffy puffy and told us we got it in the original price and we both had to refer her to the book you have behind the counter that clearly outlines it, as customer I should not have to do this.
regardless, it was a rough experience and we will not be staying there again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Mea B
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

With an attitude of 6,000 feet above sea level, Summer is very ideal retreat in Midway. The receptionists were very friendly and specially the lady who was from California. The rooms were
spacious, the garden may need more flowers ( Rose and Dalia can grow very well at this type of temperature). To dip in the crater is a must, my son and my family loved it.
The breakfast is a bit lacking variety. The check-in time is a bit to late ( at 4:00PM).
Overall, we enjoyed our stay there. I can bring my office staff there this year and I will introduce it to my clients from China.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian M
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We attended on Aug. 17, 2013 for my daughters wedding and had a wonderful event. The staff was very helpful and the gal that helped my daughter was a gem. The staff made every effort to deal with an untimely rain storm and it turned out perfectly. The food was excellent and was prepared and served very well. The grounds provided a perfect backdrop for a wonderful evening. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Everything worked well. The only negative points that I have are that a few areas are showing some age. Like the covering on the upper floor walkway deck and a couple detail things in the bathroom. Nothing big though. We would definitely stay here again. I would also recommend your services for a wedding. Thanks for helping my daughter have her dream wedding.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DR-Lei
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midway
The St. Regis Deer Valley
Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley
The Chateaux Deer Valley
The Chateaux Deer Valley
#4 of 60 in Park City

Been to Homestead Resort? Share your experiences!