“Do not book this on expedia”
Review of Homestead Resort

Homestead Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Reviewed April 30, 2013

There was a great deal on expedia for this at half price the hotel web site. I had been traveling with my dog so it was important to me they excepted dogs I even called the hotel directly to make sure I wasn't going to be put in the worst room and was told..oh no there are just certain buildings that allow dogs. The truth is there is one building only and it IS the worst. I have never stayed in a Western bordelo but if I had I'm sure this is where they got the idea to do this room from. When I complained I was told that they wanted me happy but couldnt move me. So they offered free dinner that night in their formal dining restaurant. When we went there for dinner we were given a 10% discount...which ended up not counting (see review of Simons) The grounds to this place are very nice but it has aged since last staying there (sans dog) I wont be back. There are many different buildings to stay in but the best aren't booked through Expedia ...dog or no dog.

Room Tip: ask for one of the newer buildings and do not book on xpedia
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
TripXpert1, Manager at Homestead Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Chase92852,
I'm so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. The evening that you stayed with us the hotel was at high occupancy, leaving us with few choices to offer you when you were unhappy with the décor of The Ranch House. It's so disappointing to our team when they can't completely satisfy our guests needs. It's true that we do have several different pet friendly buildings, and that they are available to all of our guests, no matter how their reservation is booked. Unfortunately they were all booked during the time that you stayed.
If you will give us another opportunity, I'm sure that we can choose a room that both you and your pooch will approve of. We are happy to take any and all room requests to meet your individual needs.
Thank you for sharing your experience and I truly hope you will give us another try so you can enjoy all that The Homestead has to offer.

Eric Clark

Reviewed April 29, 2013

my husband and i recently spent our 12 year wedding anniversary with the Homestead, it was absolutely beautiful and so relaxing......so much to see and do....the fudge is to die for, we bought some of every flavor. Fanny's breakfast is so yummy.....one day we would love to bring our kids for a little family get too! The grounds were so breathtaking we loved taking pictures and sitting outside to hear the birds and chipmunks....love love love this place!

1  Thank Heidi G
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We try to take our grandchildren to Homestead every summer. Though we are only about 25 miles from home, they think we are way far away and we have a great time. They love all the activities, the food, and the bunk beds.

Room Tip: Every room we have had has been great. Everyone is so friendly!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This resort is quaint. The buildings make you believe you are visiting in the 1800's The room we had was great, had a wonderful porch to sit on. The amenities are modern. I enjoyed the peace and quite. Located away from the city the air was fresh and the only noise were the birds. My husband was nervous about the hot spring as he is afraid of heights. The hot spring was one of the highlights of the trip. While required to wear a life vest ( no life guard) he relaxed and soaked in the 96 degree water and imagined what it would have been like in the late 1800s when you entered the spring from the top of the dome instead of the current tunnel. We will be going back again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We traveled to the Homestead Crater for my son's underwater scuba certification. The Homestead Resort was a very convenient place to stay and worked great for us. Rooms were nice, pool was in good shape. Did not eat at the hotel resturants due to cost (a little high for a family).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I chose The Homestead Resort to celebrate our anniversary. This was our first trip there but it won't be our last. The staff couldn't be friendlier! From check in to check out it was first class. Our room was in the Ranch House, it was a small, cozy room but it had a porch and chairs for sitting right outside the door. Our view was of the grassy common area and we chatted with other guests as they enjoyed the evening. It was so nice to hear birds chirping! Very peaceful and relaxing. Dinner at Simon's was very very good, we enjoyed the whole experience, our servers were consistently friendly and courteous, attentive but not smothering. The ambience was so relaxing, we loved the real-wood fireplaces. I highly recommend the chocolate skillet cookie! We enjoyed our complimentary soak in the crater, that's an experience that shouldn't be missed. Once again the staff was so very nice. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: We recommend choosing a room that faces away from the parking lot.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

the spring setting was beautiful. we swam and enjoyed the atmosphere of other families spending a vacation together. it was calm and peaceful on the property for a morning walk, with birds singing in the tall, established trees. the personnel were very friendly and accommodating. we really appreciated this. we loved this upper room in the willow house. it was spacious and clean with lots of natural light. very quaint. very quiet for restful sleep. we will stay again, hopefully in this same room. we'd like to come back to stay for a night and attend one of their evening outdoor concert series perfomances on the front lawn. we've been to those and it makes for a very enjoyable summer evening in Midway, Utah.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midway
The Chateaux Deer Valley
Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village
Marriott's MountainSide
Marriott's MountainSide
#11 of 60 in Park City

Been to Homestead Resort? Share your experiences!