“Lovely, charming, scenic place to stay in Utah.”
Review of Homestead Resort

Homestead Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I absolutely LOVED Homestead. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Despite the very cold temp in Midway, our room was warm and comfy. Wifi was a little sketchy, but that was very minor in comparison to how wonderful our stay was. Will totally stay there again and recommend for friends. Best for a little getaway - take your time there so you can enjoy all of the natural amenities Homestead has, like the hot springs. I went for the Sundance FIlm Fest, and it was a quick 20 minutes to Park City. Perfect for something like that. Thank you Homestead Resort!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 15, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I must say the grounds are beautiful but that is where the dream ends! Stayed there Sept. 2012- my room had a toilet that did not work accordingly, the air conditioner was broken, one could not get a fridge in room,which would have been nice since their lounge/bar closes so early, the food was great but the service leaves something to be desired-waitress seemed to be grouchy, the house keeping was not accomidating, and wanted us to close our doors even though it was hot and like I stated earlier " the air conditioner was not working", all in all I WILL NEVER GO BACK or REFER ANYONE stay at this resort.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Doris D
TripXpert1, Manager at Homestead Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you encountered during your stay in September. Your experience is very important to us and I was disappointed to read that we fell short in so many areas. Our team is trained to provide excellent service to each of our guests. The fact that you encountered employees that you felt were "grouchy" and "unaccommodating" is unacceptable. Please accept my apology on behalf of my team. We will definitely use your feedback as an example of how our guests may perceive our actions and continue to coach our staff in the direction of the highest level of customer service. I encourage you to contact me directly so that I may offer you my personal apology as well as gather the necessary details to correct these issues for future guests.
Eric Clark

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I bought a one night stay at the Homestead Resort on Living Social. We were really excited to stay there for our birthday celebrations. The Homestead Resort is also home to the Crater. The Crater is a dolomite formation that is hollow inside and is filled with geothermal water. We made reservations for a dip in the Crater as well.

Upon arrival in our room, the Garden Suite, we noticed that one of the light fixtures was hanging off the wall. My husband unwittingly tried to put it back on but got shocked. We called the front desk to let them know that there was a live wire exposed in the wall and that they could come by and fix it when we were swimming in the Crater. They were very accommodating and responded instantly. The repairman was very helpful and promised to fix the light when we swam.

He came back five minutes later and upgraded us to an executive suite with a large jet tub and fireplace. We did not expect it at all and that made it so sweet. The bed was comfy. The bathtub was awesome and we had a great night.

The Crater was awesome as well. We swam for one hour in the Crater with life jackets on. The Crater is 65 ft deep and 90 degrees F. It was really neat and a bit scary too if you are not a good swimmer. I am a terrible swimmer but I had a blast! After I got comfortable in the water I was enthralled. They also have paddle board yoga there as well. I did not get to try it but I plan on going back again and signing up.

You can also get scuba diver certified in the Crater as well! I mean the Homestead Resort is just awesome! We did not eat at the restaurant but we did eat at Matty's and it was great. I totally recommend staying here and exploring the Crater. Thanks Homestead Resort!

Room Tip: The garden suite is about average - cozy but a little dated. The executive suite is excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed at Homestead during their Fall Festival event. The grounds were beautiful and nicely utilized for this event. Since some room refreshing has been reported we were curious to see the results. The garden type room we stayed in (Summer House) had comfortable bedding, a flat screen, nice lighting and furnishings. We see the refreshing that has been done as a definite improvement. The Summer House is one of the older buildings but has a central location close to the main building which we liked. It is smaller than some of the other rooms we have stayed in. As a comparison we have stayed in an Executive Suite previously which gave you much more square footage and a room in the Barn building which seemed somewhat larger than the Summer House. The main restaurant (Simon's) has been reopened for dinner since our last visit. The interior looks nice but based on the menu we opted to pursue another dining option. Fanny's was acceptable for breakfast, great view, slow service and acceptable food. Overall a very good stay the only slight disappointment being the dining.

Room Tip: There are many different room options because of the different buildings. Ask about the different r...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I have been going to The Homestead in Midway Utah for several years now. Traditionally we would spend our anniversary there in December with the Romance Package which includes a sleigh ride, fancy dinner, and a cozy room. Now, with a family we prefer the Bunkhouse which accommodates our family very well. The atmosphere and beauty is amazing. The courtyard was decorated for Halloween with the characters taking a completely different look at night. The Sunday Brunch was nothing short of amazing! The game center, a favorite of my family's, was a lot of fun, with shuffleboard, tennis, ping pong, and pool. The staff is very friendly and helpful whenever you need them. For a quick getaway or longer stay, The Homestead is the place to go.

Room Tip: The Homestead has rooms to accommodate couples and families, even reunions with their condos. I can...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 522KevinB
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I don't even know where to begin. The rooms we were given were not pictured or described on their website. They were below average and not very clean. When we got there we immediately called the front desk and got no answer so we called their sister resort across the street and they tried. Still no answer. We called the front desk the next day and were told that the manager was not there and they what relay the message for us. No response. In the mean time, one of our beds had wooden bed slats that stuck out 2 to 3 inches and two of us hurt ourselves on it. Finally when we were checking out we got to talk to someone who gave us a whole 10% off our rooms. The crater decking is rickety and it is expensive to go in even for hotel guests. The only redeeming quality was the scenery. I have stayed at the hotel in past years and it was nice then but the new management is really lacking.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank kathlynn886
TripXpert1, Manager at Homestead Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

I was diasappointed to learn about your experience and would like to offer my sincere apology to you and your family. We understand that family reunions are an important occasion and we strive to meet all of the expectations of these very special events. Thank you for your valuable feedback. Your comments prompted us to review our website and ensure that all of our rooms are accurately depicted.
We have taken note of your comments and will continue to focus on these areas as we make strides to perfect each of our guest's experiences. We know that we can offer a wonderful getaway and would welcome the opportunity to show you what our team is truly capable of.
Eric Clark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midway
The Chateaux Deer Valley
Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village
Marriott's MountainSide
Marriott's MountainSide
#11 of 60 in Park City

Been to Homestead Resort? Share your experiences!