“Great burgers, fries, pizza (they have gluten-free crust!) & shakes!”
Review of Hires Big H

Hires Big H
Ranked #5 of 137 Restaurants in Midvale
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Cottonwood Heights, Utah
“Great burgers, fries, pizza (they have gluten-free crust!) & shakes!”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Hires is always a local favorite with me and my family! Also fun to go with friends. They have added a great-tasting gluten-free pizza crust which is a huge bonus for me! But their burgers and fries can't be beat; as well as their milkshakes, freezes, floats, etc. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on their menu! Their sodas are great too--with fresh limes or cherry flavoring!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank andreawilk

Salt Lake City, UT
“Some Seriously Good Eats, for Vegetarians too!”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Salt Lakers who love burgers love Hires Big H. Really good fries, fantastic fry sauce (for those of you non-natives, this is an Idaho/Utah delight), and great burgers. This is like our In-n-Out.

I've been to Hires a few times, love their burgers, also their BLTs (and of course the fries). But in recent years, me and beef don't get along. It surprised me when my friend who hates beef loves eating there. Why? The Hires Veggie Burger! It's probably one of the best veggie burger patties I've ever eaten. It makes Morningstar Griller's Prime look like dog food (and that's my favorite brand). You'll dream about this "burger." And, for your meat-eating friends, plenty of good meat to go around, so it can make almost any crowd happen (except probably vegans, but don't know why vegans would go to a burger joint anyhow).

If you want to try the fry sauce, you'll have to ask and it'll cost something like 40 cents, since it's their own special blend (which you can also buy a bottle of if you like). The service at this location was friendly. I don't know if they do it here, but at the downtown location they make the best cherry Coke you'll ever had. People drive from all over the valley to get it. It's worth asking about.

Before the veggie burger, I'd probably stop here once a year at best, but now I'm wanting to go back ASAP!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank JenniJae
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best place for burgers and rootbeer floats”
Reviewed January 11, 2009

the best place for burgers and rootbeer floats

1 Thank BrettGMidvale