“Excellent option”

The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Midvale
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My stay was quick as I am in the process of moving to another state but this hotel was excellent.

Freshly remodeled, the public areas and rooms are excellent. The Front Desk manager that checked me in was very friendly and efficient. I quickly discovered the rest of the staff was the same. Even a maintenance person started a conversation, which is not common at most hotels. Fitness center is decent, and includes weights and mats. Hot tub is actually hot. Breakfast is same as most other BW+ hotels.

My complaints are few and minor. Pool is outside, so was closed for the winter. Internet was spotty and sometimes slow. Floors are creaky, so I was serenaded until late at night by my upstairs neighbor walking around. Room layout is a bit weird, and not conducive to comfort Computer desk was right by the front door, as is a stuffed chair. Don't try watching TV from anywhere but the bed.

Hotel is just off I-15, but I didn't experience road noise. 10 minutes to downtown SLC if that's your destination.

Room Tip: Top floor better is you want to avoid above floor noises.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Alan D, General Manager at The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. We appreciate your constructive comments and will use them to propel us to the next level in service.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 801.566.4141.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here on a overnight trip with my son for a reward trip. I booked the room thru Hotwire, and was pleasantly surprised by the nice room appointments, nice decor, and very friendly staff. I was greeted by a very friendly night manager who explained the hotel services and highlights even though we were only staying overnight. The room was clean and comfortable with a nice king bed. The only complaint I had about my stay was that the adjacent room guests were extremely noisy and the connecting door (though locked) was in no way blocking out the sound of their voices. It wasn't bad enough to complain, but it was unfortunately the only drawback of our stay. Breakfast was included with the room, the eating area was clean and the food was good, there was plenty there for us and the other guests and someone was attending the food at all times, which was nice in case something ran out. All in all for a centrally located 3 star hotel it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Words of encouragement are always motivators for us to improve even more. We apologize for the noisy neighbors. Next time you visit ask for one of our secluded rooms on the wings of the hotel.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was on a business trip and this was a good, basic property with a good location. It is clean and well run. It is reasonably close to a variety of places to eat. Breakfast was the basic fare from a hotel breakfast bar. Bland but with decent variety.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for giving us a try during your business trip to Salt Lake City. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Most hotels in and around south Salt Lake were full including the one I usually stay at, which is how we ended up here. Hotel is in a busy area, with a fair amount of traffic. Also the "Trax" metro system runs right beside the property. Limited parking in the front and the back parking lot is isolated from any surrounding businesses so no eyes on your vehicle if you park there.

Checking in was a slow and convoluted process although the staff was friendly. When we got the keys to the room we took a couple of bags down to the room, it was in a good location for us, as we were travelling with our dogs. We left the bags in the room and went to get the rest of our stuff and we couldn't get the door shut no matter how hard we tried.

Back to the lobby and we were given another room, I don't know who lost out as the hotel was fully booked. This room was not nearly as convenient but you could close the door. It had a musty odor to it. After two additional trips to the front desk we could only get one of our keys to open the outer doors, and the other key would only open our room door.

Room was fine with comfortable beds and you can leave the just the fan running on the A/C unit to cover up the outside noises. The inside noises not so much. The room doors are all thin and you can hear every conversation in the hallway, and there were lots of them. Just the basics in the bathroom.

They have renovated this hotel recently but I think it was somebody's uncle who did it.

The A/C unit in our first room was about 2 inches out of alignment, in the other room the crown molding didn't meet at the corners properly and there were other obvious signs of lowest bidder winning the contract.

The breakfast was decent and nicely laid out, but for coffee there was a machine to make one cup at a time. That is OK at home but a very slow process when you have 10 people waiting.

It looks like they are trying to go a little upmarket but it misses in a couple of areas.

I would only stay here again if I couldn't get in to my usual spot.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Alan D, General Manager at The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for your response we apologize for the door not closing and locking. Having to move rooms is a hassle but it allowed maintenance the time to repair the room for occupancy. We are certain the European shower helped you relax and our double pillow top bed is a very comfortable nights sleep. The 42" LED HD TV, crown molding, micro wave and fridge and professionally designed drapery shows the care we took during the renovation to make the room appealing, cozy and comfortable. We invite you back for another stay and allow us to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recently remodeled with everything clean and new. Friendly staff. Very nice breakfast buffet which was well presented, and kept at the perfect temperatures. Easy check out. Located close to mass transportation and right off the Freeway exit.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel has friendly staff, great amenities and a wonderful complimentary breakfast. The outside pool was well maintained and the indoor hot tub was clean. The room was clean and well cared for. I would stay here again. Our favorite part of our stay was the fresh baked cookies at the front desk!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The lobby was beautiful, as was the room. Check-in was a breeze and Wandaly was very professional. As a BWR member I received a snack and beverage as a thank you. It is always nice to be recognized. We stayed in a king suite with a jacuzzi and balcony. The room was very well decorated and spotless. As an employee at another BW, I always check the room to ensure cleanliness and this room was spotless. Well appointed bathroom, the only issue I had was the water changing from hot to cold. I see that it has been mentioned before and am sure it is being taken care of. I had a wonderful experience here and will stay again on my next trip up north. Thank you for a great stay!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Alan D, Manager at The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We feature a full hot breakfast for all of the guests in our hotel. The rooms have a doulbe pillow top bed and 42" LED HD LG TV. The eroupean shower is just to pamper you but really adds to the comfort of your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midvale
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#23 of 76 in Salt Lake City
Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale
La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City Midvale
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park
Staybridge Suites Midvale
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray

Been to The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale? Share your experiences!