“Plenty to eat!”
Review of La Puente Restaurant - CLOSED

La Puente Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Latin, Mexican
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Good Mexican food. Portions are large and the plates are hot so your food is served warm every time. Get a booth to sit down and eat at. They sometimes forget you if you are sitting back by the bar away from the main tables so it is difficult to get your server to serve you. We get the large combo late or the 3 smothered burritos with cheese and onions when we go. Never go away hungry, just if we get a good server or not and how long it takes to get our food determines how much we enjoyed the visit. Food though is pretty consistent. Parking is so so. Little dangerous looking at night. The long hall way into the place is a little dark and uninviting. We usually always go for early dinner or late lunch during the day and there is not a problem. The only variation is how hot the chile verde is. Most times it is very good. Once in a blue moon it is so hot I had perspiration behind my ears and other times could not get the flavor very well but those are rare occasions. Mostly a good eat and would go there again.

There are newer reviews for La Puente Restaurant

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Shockingly HORRIBLE service. The owner of this place is a complete Jerk (Gil). He's a greedy, unkind, thoughtless person and his terrible attitude tends to permeate throughout his staff as well.

1 - Party of 7. We were "greeted" by the hostess and immediately told that my kids couldn't bring in the rest of their happy meal while the rest of us spent money and took up no more space than if the kids weren't there. Short-sighted service to say the least.

2- I ordered two items. The bill came and instead of charging me for the "combo" price they charged me separate because I ordered them as separate items. It was the difference of about $5.00. Short-sighted service to say the least.

3- We witnessed the owner (Gil) berate a paying customer who approached him about considering switching merchant services account - claiming the savings of up to $200 per month. Instead of politely declining, the owner condescendingly and publicly mocked him and called him a name (curse word). I couldn't believe what I was witnessing. Zero class!

The food? Mediocre at best and overpriced for the kind of quality. Even if it was great food I refuse to give this guy and his business another nickel.

1  Thank Brian P
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've been coming here for more than 20 years from back when their three smothered burrito meal was a fairly easy hurdle to pass. Nowadays, I can barely put away one, but the recipe has remained the same and I don't think I've ever gotten anything but the smothered burrito with cheese to be quite honest.

Big points for La Puente come from spicy salsa at the tables, friendly but no fuss service, consisten menu, low prices, great value, and longevity. Not much has changed since they opened, but that's why I love it.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

Love the food! This place starts you off with some good salsa and chips and then I would recommend getting a Chimi they are delicious.