Super 8 Pride Midvale/Midvalley/Salt Lake City Area
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Midvale
Chicago, Illinois
“Horrible....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

Worst hotel experience we've had. Rooms are so tiny that we had to crawl over the bed to get to another side of the room. The bathroom was nasty (sink, bathtub, and toilet had yellow stains). It was impossible to sleep in the morning past 7am because of a thin door with a 2-inch gap under it and loud personnel. Everything is old and run-down.
Overall - do not recommend staying there. We had to cancel our reservations and move to another hotel. There are a lot better options in the area for $20.00 more per night.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

Stayed at the Super 8 Midvale for 5 nights while skiing the Cottonwood Canyons Feb. 5- 10, 2011. For me, it was perfect! The hotel itself is very nice – very comfortable bed; good free breakfast buffet (including fresh fruit, many pastries, cereals, juices, and my personal favorite—make-your-own waffles); indoor hot tub where you can share stories with other skiers; and in the executive suites a nice little kitchenette with small fridge, microwave, and small sink. There are lots of restaurants around, so you have plenty of choices for dining out if you prefer. But to economize, you can also walk across the street to the grocery store and get some frozen meals and eat in the room. I asked for and was given a room facing the parking lot, which was very quiet, with little street noise. Skiers begin to stir and make some noise in the hall before 7:00 or so, but if you’re skiing, you don’t want to sleep later than that in any case. Overall, the hotel seems to be very well managed.
The hotel is located about 100 meters from a bus stop where the ski bus picks up and drops off, so I was able to walk to and from the bus stop easily even in my ski boots carrying my skis. I had rented a compact car, but I used the ski bus 3 of the 4 days I skied because it was snowing , and on these days the canyons are sometimes closed to vehicles that don’t have 4 WD or chains. (And even when they aren’t closed, it can get pretty dicey driving without 4 WD.) The final day the road was clear, with no snow in the forecast, so I drove my car. Driving yourself is significantly faster than the ski bus – probably around 35 minutes to Brighton/ Solitude (a bit more to Alta/ Snowbird), compared to over an hour using the bus – but it’s great to have the ski bus if you need it.
Finally, I should mention that for skiers interested mainly in skiing the 4 Cottonwood Canyon resorts, it’s worth asking about the skiers’ package offered by the Super 8. This includes room, airport transfers, and a Superpass, good at all 4 resorts (1 per day) and the ski bus and Trax light rail system, for a very good price. If you’re really trying to save money, you don’t need to rent a car, since the package gives you airport transfers, and you can walk to lots of restaurants and a grocery store. I think it’s worth the extra bucks to get the executive room with kitchenette, which allows to save money on dinner, and even to make your own lunch and brown bag it on the mountain, so you don’t have to pay those inflated resort prices. The savings on food should more than pay for the extra room cost, plus you get a bigger room!

I don’t have any great ski pix, but I’m attaching a couple of pictures of a little porcupine who was waddling across a trail at Brighton. This really made my day!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank johndc
new york , ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2011

I just returned from a skiing trip to SLC. This is the 2nd time I've stayed at the Super 8 in MIdvale in the past 13 months. The hotel location couldn't be any better. The UTA bus picks you right across the street and takes you directly to Alta, Brighton, Solitude or Snowbird. The hotel and hot tub are extremely clean and the management team is great. The hotel's manager is Darren Wegcamp. It seems like he never leaves the hotel and he's always on top of every situation and he had a lot of special requests that week from a very busy ski club. I also want to thank Glosper and Deborah who were both at the hotel last year they do a great job. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel for the convenience and restaurants in the immediate area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank gunnerny12
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

I was pretty apprehensive at first when my wife told me she booked us at Super8 MOTEL. The word MOTEL just brings up images of real low end sleazy places....
BUT, I WAS SURPRISED! We were greeted by a wonderful staff who helped us settle in and made sure we were comfortable with our rooms. They also gave us recommendations on various food establishments in the area, and there are plenty. The rooms were nice and clean. Not too big but not too small. Important is the rooms were clean. As well, we did not experience any of the problems with noise as mentioned by some of the other reviewers.
The location was just perfect because it was a straight drive into Big Cottonwood for Solitude and Brighton and Little Cottonwood was not far away.
Would we stay again at Super8 Midvale, a big YES, great location, great staff and excellent value!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank WSS64
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

I stayed here twice. And you'd be shocked that I would have done it a second time only one week after my first visit. First of all, the hotel is very nice. The room had a cushioned window seat that I found very comfortable for viewing the television. The room wasn't huge, but it was sizeable and very clean. This is an entirely non-smoking hotel. Remember that. The hot tub is actually in a converted hotel room so it's quite small, but boy it was very comfortable and hot. Anyway, as I went to sleep, I kept being awakened by noises from an adjacent room. This went on for quite a while, waking me up over and over again. OK so I've got jerk neighbors who are letting the self-closing hotel room doors slam shut...at 2AM. Then, the fire alarm went off. Strobe lights filled the room and I got really angry. What now!? I got dressed and headed out to find an employee walking down the hall looking for the fire. The guy in the adjacent room pokes his head out of his room at the same time and what does he have in his hand? An unlit cigarette! Hmm... Everyone is now in the hallway watching the firemen deal with the fire which apparently was caused by a cigarette being dropped into the garbage bin outside the back door. OK, it's now around 3AM and I'm going to try to sleep again. So, when my smoking neighbor has two guests pound on his door and talk loudly outside my door, I went ballistic, screaming obscenities from my room. I called the front desk and asked if these people were employees. They indicated otherwise and offered to transfer me to another room and expel the noisy people. Well, I got a nice big room and was able to sleep another few hours, but it was hectic. Granted, none of this is the hotel's fault, but they were generous enough to offer me a discount and a free upgrade to a suite on my next visit, hence my second visit a week later. I would indeed stay here again because there are about 10 restaurants in walking distance and freeways are nearby so if you're staying in SLC, this is a good option.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank mhouse2001
Oakley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

Your place their in Midvale, Utah, was the best stay we had in a motel in a long time. Your staff was the best, We felt like they really cared, I take that back, they treated us like family. From all the shifts you have and different people you have one fine place, thank you SUPER 8.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank geowilliams
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

Very new and clean. New bed and bath linens. Great continental breakfast. Quiet area. Great value with coupon, and a good deal without.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midvale
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#16 of 75 in Salt Lake City
The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park
Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale
Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City-Midvale/Sandy

Been to Super 8 Pride Midvale/Midvalley/Salt Lake City Area? Share your experiences!