“I was there from May 30-Apr. 10th. I had...”

Days Inn Salt Lake City South
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Midvale
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I was there from May 30-Apr. 10th. I had made reservations and was given a room that someone was in. It was explained that person was a regular and he said he was leaving but maybe he standee. We are over booked and we will see what we can do with you. I pointed out that I have a contract with them through the reservation. Then the clerk got really defensive. I had just drove over 1500 miles in two days and didn't want to hear this. The clerks attitude changed but he found us a ground floor with two queen size beds as per the reservation. We entered the room and realized that we were two guys, and we needed more than two towels. We were told the hotel didn't have that many towels. This was the least of my concerns. There was a blind group of sports players staying there. One got lost in the hall and asked the PM clerk for help. The blind person was told to go to the end of the hall and go up the stars and it's the fifth room on the right. The clerk left the blind person staying there. I got that person to the correct room. There were never any pool towel at the hot tub. The excuse for the night worker was, they are being washed. He wouldn't help the blind at breakfast, my friend and I did. He was in an out most of the time. Breakfast was a diabetic nightmare. All starch served with old bananas. Would stay there again. The first and last was those Ten Days. I would never recommend it to anyone. It is dirty and the staff don't care about tha consumer.

DaysInnMidvale, General Manager at Days Inn Salt Lake City South, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2010

I'm sorry to hear about your expereince, I sincerely apologize for inconvience you may have experienced. We have measures in place to make sure problmes like yours don't happen.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Salt Lake City South

Reviewed May 29, 2010

Sitting in my room right now and looking around I can see many things that aren't up to spec. There is a huge splatter of black/brown stuff across the ceiling... hope it’s just someone’s old soda. At least it matches one of the wall's splatter work of red/orange. A couple of the lamps haven't a switch any longer, as for what reason... I don’t know. Same for the electrical plate around the air conditioner is none existent. Outside the door to the left is huge smudge of toothpaste left probably for weeks... it's not unnoticeable, even from afar. The halls are hot at this time at the doors to the hotel halls are left wide open... not that it matters because the security locks to the outside seem to be only for show. The ice machine in the has a paper taped to it saying "out of order" ...it would seem it has been for sometime as the paper has yellowed. The carpeting and the stairs is unkempt and looks like vacuuming them now would only be a lost case. Walking outside the side door exit look to the side and venting there seemed to have been the subject of someone's kicking fit. Soon I'll be leaving though (and gladly I'll hand my keycard over to the overly tattooed receptionist. As she continues to make no attempt to cover them a bit, she'll ask “how was your stay”... and I'll reply, "At least there weren't any roaches."

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I had my reservations after reading some of the reviews this hotel got, but it was the best I could find within my budget. The hotel is right off the freeway behind a gas station with storage units behind it. Not the greatest area but not too bad. The lobby smelled heavily of smoke but Angelo at the front desk was friendly. The room was good sized and we enjoyed the layout. We had a king sized mattress that was really firm but we did sleep well. I think if we returned to this hotel we would request a room on the side facing the storage units - we heard some road noise at night, and our room was right by the lobby and there were some diesel trucks idling outside our window the first night that kept us up for a bit. I was about to see what I could do about it and they left. The second night was completely quiet. Our room was a little outdated but clean and comfortable, no smoke smell. The hotel seemed to be full both nights but the breakfast room was never too busy. Breakfast was just fine, waffles, toast, muffins, juice, fruit, etc. I don't have any real complaints. Didn't try out the jacuzzi because we didn't have time. I felt like it was worth the $52 a night rate we paid.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Our ski group has stayed here in the past and at the time would agree with the reviews but returned for the cost and convenient access to public transportation to the resorts. With new ownership the place has been refurbished with new paint, carpets, bedding. Although the showers are new, the plumbing is loose. Breakfast is of low quality and consists of orange juice (?), coffee, DIY waffles, boxed donuts, muffins, two cereals and a few bananas or apples. Better breakfasts can be had close by at local restaurants. The staff was friendly and helped when needed. It's uncertain if we would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed April 22, 2009

We arrived at around 17:00, Checkin was pleasant and the lobby was clean.
My children were all, and I mean all sick, so I might be a little more jaded in this review than normal. So, after dragging the family in and the 500 pounds of gear my family insist on carrying with them we entered rather decent sized rooms. My wife commented that they weren't the cleanest rooms she had ever seen but I did not think it was so.
The rooms featured mini fridges which kept a beer nice and cold while we unpacked. Other than that they had the usual assortment of stuff, shampoo, soap, Cable, air, heat.
The beds were usual 2 star uncomfortable but the TV has decent channel selection and as mentioned earlier, cold beer. (The fridge, not the TV)
There is a Mexican restaurant in the parking lot with reasonabally priced, good tasting food. A gas station klitty corner for the above mentioned beer, and our room overlooked our vehicle so we could keep and eye on our stuffs.
The rooms were quiet as long as you didn't have the bathroom fan on, think small jet taking off, or the heater or air conditioning unit on, think large jet taking off.
If I remember correctly we paid $49.99 USD per room. Which I belive to be a fair price for this hotel. The outdoor pool was not open when we were there but they have an indoor jacuzzi that was. There is security on the outside doors, but some of the characters that stay there looked a little shady.
There is a continental breakfast in the morning but unless you want fruitios and weak coffee skip it and go to a fast food joint.
All in all, not bad not great, would stay there again on my way to something if the price was right.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2009

The dirtiest place I have ever stayed at. We booked a double room and only had 2 towels. No hand towels or washcloths. I had to go to the front desk to get them. The place smelled of old smoke and mold. It is in desperate need of an update and a deep cleaning. The free breakfast in the morning was a joke!! A choice of corn flakes, fruit loops or doughnuts. The only good thing about this place was the free internet so I could book a room at a different hotel since we were to stay there again on our way back through a week later. DON'T STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
DaysInnMidvale, General Manager at Days Inn Salt Lake City South, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2009

Here at the Days Inn South, we strive to provide our hotel amenities and service in a manner that builds guest loyalty and dedication. We're excited about our breakfast, we provide Orange Juice, Apple Juice, fruit, english muffins, bread, donuts, hot self made waffles, cereal, coffee, tea, milk and hot chocolate.

Reviewed August 17, 2008

hotel staff very friendly, after that nothing good. room was filthy, pool had sign warrning about disease, ect, green brown in color,
bugs in bathroom, would sleep in street before staying their again would have been cleaner. also not cheep at $90.90 a night!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midvale
The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#23 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn South Jordan
Sleep Inn South Jordan
#4 of 5 in South Jordan
La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City Midvale
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park

Been to Days Inn Salt Lake City South? Share your experiences!