Despite making reservations months in advance for a downstairs room, on arrival no downstairs rooms were available. We moved to a downstairs room the next day, but it had not been cleaned, so we moved to a 3rd room. Each room was a little different, with good & bad points. I did not want the parking lot side. The nice thing about the opposite side was the window opened to a hedge in front of a cement wall. This offered privacy, and I felt like I could safely leave the window open. There was evidence of homeless activity near the back door (trash-filled shopping carts which moved around nightly), but the area leading to our window was padlocked. The room was cleaned each day, but we add to ask for towels every day. Every couple of days our room keys stopped working & had to get re-swiped. The front desk staff was very nice & helpful, & our dogs seemed welcome. There is a railroad track near the back of the building, but I never heard trains. We were near the front & it was quiet. Wi-Fi was very spotty. The complimentary breakfast choices were sparse, but there is a waffle machine. The bed seemed fine, but there was a big hole in the blanket. There is a tiny Mexican drive-in across the parking lot - looks kind of scary - Great, Cheap Food!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Days Inn Midvale is conveniently located just 12 minutes south of downtown Salt Lake City. Days Inn of Midvale is adjacent to TRAX (light rail train) which provides quick and inexpensive transportation throughout the valley. FREE Continental Breakfast (served 6am-9am), FREE High Speed Wireless Internet Access, In-Room Fridge & Microwave. Days Inn of Midvale offers ski packages, contact the hotel for details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Days Inn Salt Lake City South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Salt Lake City South Hotel Midvale
- Days Inn Midvale
- Midvale Days Inn
- Days Inn Salt Lake City South Midvale, Utah