“Problems with Days Inn”

Days Inn Salt Lake City South
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Midvale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
POCATELLO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

The room was so dirty that we canceled the second night and went elsewhere. It also had a terrible odor. The bathroom door was filthy, there was a brown smear on the tank of the toilet. One of the walls in the main area was marked with dirt and black stuff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnMidvale, General Manager at Days Inn Salt Lake City South, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay, please contact the hotel General Manager so we can discus what we can do better.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We ski 2 1/2 weeks in the area each year and have done so for 13 years so we know the hotels in the area and most of the food places. Booked again for 2013 and that will be our 5 or 6th year at Days Inn.
The hotel has never provided us with anything than a good clean room and any problems like dead light bulbs have always been fixed quickly by the staff who have always been helpful and bailed out of a few other problems we have had over time.
Breakfast is the normal stuff but being pigs we tend to eat at the Midvale Mining Cafe nearby, well worth the work if you can sink a big dish.
There are other hotels in the nearby area. Two are really down hill, one cost 20% more for the same and the other has recently changed its name, is a lot more expensive and when we stayed there they double charge us and being from outside the USA we were not able to get our money back.
So for us Days Inn has consistently provided the goods we need.

Room Tip: I like being on the top floor, then you don’t get car lights on your room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
I am glad you'll be staying with us again, it's always a pleasure having you here. We'll see you soon.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed for one evening in Midavle, UT....just a get-a-way evening. Very cozy, clean, and quiet. Good value for the money. Good restaurant within walking distance, and mostly we liked the quiet location. Not on the freeway and about a block off the main road. Just a very nice evening alone yet nearby ammenities.

PT
SLC, UT

Room Tip: Good location for shopping and eating...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review, I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to accommodating you again.
Okotoks, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had a room booked here. We walked in took one look and left. Would have preferred to sleep in my car!!!! It was dirty, air conditioner was broken, non-smoking smelled like smoke. I almost burst into tears. We booked through Expedia and they were awesome and got it cancelled for us and logged my complaint. This is the dumpiest motel I have ever seen!!!!!!!! I have never walked out on a place like that. Was not going to subject my children to staying there. Do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
DaysInnMidvale, General Manager at Days Inn Salt Lake City South, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I'm really sorry to read about your recent expierence with us, I hope you give us another opportunity to accomodate you, I can gaurantee you'll enjoy our stay.
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have stayed in several hotels in the area when visiting family and while the room was basic and clean (which is not always the norm anymore) I thought the staff was super friendly and helpful with some special accommodations I needed and great about spending time directing me everywhere I needed to go. I think the only thing missing would be an on-site restaurant, but there are a few in walking distance.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
DaysInnMidvale, General Manager at Days Inn Salt Lake City South, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your recent stay with everyone else. I am glad to hear we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to accommodating you again.
Oulu, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

The room was comfortable and spotless. But it was the service that stood out. Check-in and check-out were unusually friendly and efficient, and enquiries about my lost bag (thanks United) were also handled with a smile. After two days of travelling, this felt like coming home. I certainly didn't expect the man on reception to be able to give me details of a florist, straight off the top of his head!

Unfortunately my plans changed and I could only stay for one night, but if I'm in the area again I'll definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midvale
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray
The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#43 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#16 of 75 in Salt Lake City
La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City Midvale
Little America Hotel
Little America Hotel
#11 of 75 in Salt Lake City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,715 reviews

Been to Days Inn Salt Lake City South? Share your experiences!