“Sushi has never looked or tasted so good!”

Tsunami Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tsunami Restaurant & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 137 Restaurants in Midvale
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Fusion
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1300 East
“Sushi has never looked or tasted so good!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The fish is fresh and has outstanding flavor, the presentation is beautiful, and the service is beyond friendly and expedient. I have eaten a lot of sushi and some of it was pretty bad. Tsunami's is some of the best of the best!

West Jordan, UT
“Great overall expereince every time.”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I keep coming back for the Vegas roll and Catalina roll. Yummy martinis. Service has always been good. I mostly frequent the South Jordan location. But this location is perfect for dinner and a movie. Great date night option.

Visited March 2012
“Good for Utah”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Had the Gyoza potstickers that were very good. You can get them pan seared or deep fried. Had the teriaki chicken skewers that were grilled perfect. I had two sushi rolls, the Tsunami and the Samuri. The samuri was supposed to be spicy but was very mild. The Hamachi flavor didn't come through very much, this roll could use some more flavor. It was rolled kind of loosely also. The Tsunami roll was good with fresh tuna on too and perfectly fried soft shelled crab. Their take on the spider roll. I would eat here again if I was working close by, but would try other good reviewed sushi places.

Sandy UT
“Took three hours!”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Went here for a group function. We had a group of 18 and were seated upstairs. It was nice being away from the general restaurant because they squeeze people in like sardines. When we first go there, we noticed the whole room was shaking. One person even asked if we were having an earthquake.

Once we got settled and starting giving our orders is when things got bad...or, at least, unusual. We all ordered appetizers first. And they came out in different batches at least 10 or 15 minutes apart. It was really awkward. It was even more awkward when the same thing happened with the entrees. They came out over a span of about 30 minutes.

Everyone was trying to be polite and wait for others to get their food...but those delivered first were getting cold. It was really not a pleasant dining experience.
And, to top it off, everything was so slow that the meal took three hours! I know that 18 people is a lot...but I've been to many, many functions like this and never had this happen.

Also, it was NOT the waiter's fault. He did a great job.

I don't know that we'll ever go back to Tsunami. The food was decent but the experience was not. And I would definitely never take a group there again.

• Visited January 2012
New York, NY
“A tsunami of flavor and awesome service!”
Reviewed May 5, 2009

OMG!! What a great find! I had dinner here last night and it was absolutely scrumptious! The sushi was one of the best I've had ever. The staff was very attentive. The decor is very warm and cozy, yet creative (the dining room is dome shaped). I loved it and will go back!!