“Only Breakfast Place in Mexican Hat”

Olde Bridge Grill Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Only Breakfast Place in Mexican Hat”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The Olde Bridge Grill Cafe is the only place in town for breakfast. We found it reasonably quick, food quality decent, and the prices not too inflated.

My husband and I were in a bit of a rush to get to Monument Valley in time for a tour but wanted something to eat other than a protein bar. We stopped at the Olde Bridge Grill Cafe as it is the only place in town that served breakfast. Their breakfast menu is typical diner fare. My husband ordered a platter with more food than he could eat. I ordered the green chile omelet. The food came about ten to fifteen minutes after we ordered it. My husband's food was fine, but his bacon was cooked crispier than he requested. While I was excited to be in the Southwest and eat some green chiles, the omelet was so greasy that it made my stomach queasy. It was good, but just much more heavy that I was used to and expected.

The total bill for our breakfast, including drinks came out to around $25, which was reasonable. What we liked most about the Olde Bridge Grill Cafe was the location and the decor. There were several tables where you could view the San Juan River. In the morning, the sun was beaming through so brightly I had to wear my shades at our window table. Only halfway through breakfast did I notice a roll down shade right next to us. I used it, and no one complained. The decor reminded me of a canteen, and there was a framed document where you can sign your name. I was proud to sign it, as I have a feeling that not many make it out this way.

Mexican Hat, I was here!

• Visited May 2014

Valletta, Malta
“Nice Spot”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a burger while passing through. Friendly staff and a nice, clean place. Had a bacon cheeseburger and fries. I would stop here again on my next trip through.

Clemson, South Carolina
“Best restaurant in Mexican Hat”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Only one of very few choices in Mexican Hat, the Old Bridge Bar and Grill was the best option in Mexican Hat. Connected to the San Juan Inn and Trading Post, it is the only place in Mexican Hat with a full bar as well as a restaurant with a fairly complete menu. Just because it has a full bar, doesn't mean that the servers know how to make all drinks. My wife ordered a Bloody Mary, and it came in a beer mug with no ice! The food was quite good, and service was polite and attentive. Located right at the bridge over the San Juan river, it offers a neat view of the river from several of the tables.

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

There is not much choice for breakfast in Mexican Hat, especially at the beginning of the season in late March. The breakfast was served promptly and all people in our party of seven were satisfied with our choices. Very nice service delivered by family of the owners. You can sign your name or draw a picture on the sheet on the wall which is put in the binder and maybe in the future if you come back have an opportunity to look back.

• Visited March 2014
Banning, Ca
“Food with a view”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Got a table near a window that overlooks the San Juan river and the nearby bridge. Service was very good and we were greated at all times . Food was served hit and had a good taste. Prices were reasonable. Try it. This place is located near the San Juan Inn.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Olde Bridge Grill Cafe? Share your experiences!