The Monument Valley area does not have many places to stay to choose from other than going into the park at higher prices. San Juan Inn is located along the river by the bridge in a nice secluded area. It appears they have upgraded and refurbished. Two story walk up. A nice new deck is on the second floor to watch the river and sunset and stars as well as benches placed along the fencing by the river edge. We had a king room on the second story that has very nice Navajo accents, very clean, and fresh paint. They have a small fitness room and air conditioning, however, no pool,no hair dryers or clock radios.The grounds are clean and nice landscape. There are not many places to eat in Mexican Hat, but, they have a small restaurant Olde Bridge Grille which has Navajo dishes, sandwiches, steaks,chops, breakfast,lunch,dinner. Good prices good meals and handy being right there on the hotel grounds. They will serve alcohol if you are purchasing a meal. The Trading Post is where you check in and you can do some shopping also.They have a small section that has mini cold food items and beverages.This is a good place to stay if you want to rest after driving or visiting the Monument Valley all day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Juan Inn is nestled along the cliffs of the San Juan River 20 miles north of Monument Valley Tribal Park. All rooms face the river, with the upper rooms having a view of the river. The lower rooms have direct access to the patios overlooking the river and its' colorful redrock cliffs. The Olde Bridge Grille, which is located on property, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 7 am-9pm daily. This Grille is a Native Navajo run enterprise. The motel office is located in the historic trading post. We pride ourselves for buying our Navajo rugs directly from the weaver. Having a well stocked grocery store, general store and curio shop, we run the trading post pretty much as it was in the early 1900s. Come join us! The Navajo people are shy but welcoming, the beauty of the land unsurpassed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your San Juan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Hotel Mexican Hat
- San Juan Monument Valley
- San Juan Inn Mexican Hat, Utah