I was looking for accommodation in this fairly remote area having travelled through Arizona via Monument Valley and suddenly a beautiful spot on the river with greenery appeared. Welcoming woman at the desk; given a basic but very edequate room with opportunity to sit by the river. All so good; very relaxed.
Went to the restaurant feeling really good but met by the waiter who was so unwelcoming. Wanted a chat with a beer but was told off because I had not sat down !!! After sitting down and having my beer I was asked, "Are you finally ready to eat ?" The atmosphere was very frosty and my meal was not enjoyed. I gave a tiny appropriate tip and was met with a tirade of abuse.
So, a great spot but watch out for the abusive waiter !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Juan Inn is nestled along the cliffs of the San Juan River 20 miles north of Monument Valley Tribal Park. All rooms face the river, with the upper rooms having a view of the river. The lower rooms have direct access to the patios overlooking the river and its' colorful redrock cliffs. The Olde Bridge Grille, which is located on property, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 7 am-9pm daily. This Grille is a Native Navajo run enterprise. The motel office is located in the historic trading post. We pride ourselves for buying our Navajo rugs directly from the weaver. Having a well stocked grocery store, general store and curio shop, we run the trading post pretty much as it was in the early 1900s. Come join us! The Navajo people are shy but welcoming, the beauty of the land unsurpassed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your San Juan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Hotel Mexican Hat
- San Juan Monument Valley
- San Juan Inn Mexican Hat, Utah