Our guide book stated this place had basic clean rooms and were the best in town. Pretty accurate and really I think best of a bad bunch. The building must have been built with ecology in mind to reduce building materials which accounts for the poor noise insulation. I was woken up by guests arriving at 11pm driving past my room on the ground floor then running showers or baths above. If you're a light sleeper (like me) you can be assured to be woken by pilgrims to the sunrise over Monument Valley at 6am. Apart from this and not getting the wifi to work (reception advise buying a coffee at the cafe opposite to use their wifi) and the ice box being padlocked, and the room rate being a little shy of the Holiday Inn at Chinle it was fine. Would I stay here again - never. The best bit about mexican hat is the rock on the way in and the bridge on the way out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Juan Inn is nestled along the cliffs of the San Juan River 20 miles north of Monument Valley Tribal Park. All rooms face the river, with the upper rooms having a view of the river. The lower rooms have direct access to the patios overlooking the river and its' colorful redrock cliffs. The Olde Bridge Grille, which is located on property, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 7 am-9pm daily. This Grille is a Native Navajo run enterprise. The motel office is located in the historic trading post. We pride ourselves for buying our Navajo rugs directly from the weaver. Having a well stocked grocery store, general store and curio shop, we run the trading post pretty much as it was in the early 1900s. Come join us! The Navajo people are shy but welcoming, the beauty of the land unsurpassed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your San Juan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Hotel Mexican Hat
- San Juan Monument Valley
- San Juan Inn Mexican Hat, Utah