San Juan Inn & Trading Post
$109
$95
$85
Travelocity
The Cliff Palace(Blanding)(Great Value!)
$95
$84
All reviewsthe rivertrading postmonument valleygift shopthe cliffnavajo tacoroom was cleanonsite restaurantmexican hat rocktables and chairsmuley pointsit outsideold bridgenice placegrand canyonview hotelmoki dugway
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is located at very nice place ... just beside the river. The location is excellent but service is average. Its good for one night stay and not more. rooms are small and not at all comfortable but if you prefer location over the room then go for it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SidhwarthaGanguly
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I realize there's not a lot of choice for food in Mexican Hat but the "beef stew" was Campbell's chunky soup. The other food was very plain, bland, and the hostesses toddler kid was running around the restaurant and wouldn't be quiet. Service was slow, the food was very basic, but if you're the only restaurant in town I guess you can get away with that. My advice... Drive the extra 20 minutes to the View in monument valley

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank rickheatherley
Reviewed November 5, 2012

For the price i paid, I would expect better service! Lets start with the room, it's clean, and the bed are pretty comfortable. However, it's lacking even the basic amenities, such as coffee maker, and hair dryer....internet service is bad, connection was ok when i first checked in (around 7pm), but it had gotten so bad to the point that i couldn't get connected at all after 8pm....the next morning, i wanted to check my email at 5:30am, i was told by the system that my password had expired...good thing i have my iPhone and was able to get 3G connection. My room is on the second floor, and there are steps on the hallway, i almost tripped several times due to poor and dim lightings at the hallway! I would try other motels or go stay at Bluff (if i wasn't going to make a trip to Monument Valley early morning)...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stay here in October 2012. We had a second floor room. The room was nice enough and clean. The bed was comfortable. It's not a fancy place, but acceptable. The location was quiet. There is a deck on the end that we really enjoyed in the evening. Be careful of the steps and ramps at the deck in the evening, they are very poorly lit and not painted to warn you. Both my wife and I stumbled in the dark while traversing this area. I would suggest that the owners need more lighting and white paint on these areas. We didn't use any food service, but they do have a restaurant. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel is just so so. The room was ok, but had a weird odor when we first enter the room. There was no coffee pot or anything that we can use for coffee or tea. The wifi connection was terrible. They gave one password and it only allowed one pc at a time. And even that, it disconnected me all the time, after a while I gave up, it is ridiculous to have to enter the password every now and then. Their TV had bad image quality, can't even watch and enjoy TV. One night is enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family