“Never going back.”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Manti
Washington, Utah
“Never going back.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed here because the Temple View was full. Our room was small, older furniture and the darn phone kept ringing all night. We finally unplugged the phone at 3 am to get some sleep.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Treveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cedar City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

We called only a few days in advance of our trip, and were able to book a room on a very busy weekend. The manager answered my phone call and took my reservation. She was very polite and professional. When I arrived at the motel, an employee helped me check in. She was also very polite and professional. While bringing in our luggage, each of us assumed the other had their key and we happened to leave both of them inside the locked room. I went back to the office to get another key to get in and we had a nice laugh about locking the keys inside so quickly. It was very comfortable and friendly.

The room was very clean and both beds were very comfortable. The room was nice and warm when it was freezing outside. The view from the front window is phenomenal, and there is not much traffic to keep you awake. I enjoyed everything about this place. Just a cute little shop inside the office with a video store. Nice room, very clean, a real cabinet in the bathroom to put all of my things. It has a real homey feel :)

On the first day, I was very hot while getting ready in the morning, so I turned the heat completely off. I happened to remember that around 5:00 in the evening and called the office to see if they would turn the heat back on. They, again, were very friendly, and said that would be no problem. We got back later, around 10:30. Our room was spotless and warm!

My traveling companion does not ever use the bedspreads at motels, and brings his own blanket. He had tossed the bedspread to the floor and had his blanket crumpled on top of his bed when we left in the morning. We came back to find the bedspread nicely folded in the corner and the bed was made using his blanket that he had brought. It was this little 'over the top' courtesy that prompted me to write this review. You would never find that type of little detail paid attention to at a larger motel.

Please give this motel a shot, if you make it to Manti. I always call to make reservations, because in my experience, online reservations cannot be trusted. No matter how big, fancy, or expensive the motel is. Just call. It doesn't hurt to actually speak to someone in this busy time of ours, and maybe a little more communication would be exactly what this good old world needs. Loved this motel! Love it, love it, love it!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank aliceinwonderland_11
Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

We reserved 3 of the 12 rooms available for one night. We made the reservation online about a month in advance. When we arrived they didn't have any record of our reservation and had given our rooms to someone who called that morning. They gave us three different, smaller rooms than the ones we had reserved. They did discount the rooms $10 each since we weren't getting the rooms we reserved. The whole experience was very unprofessional. The rooms were old, small and uncomfortable. In one of the rooms we were told to leave the bathtub running all night so the pipes wouldn't freeze. One of the other rooms was attached to the office and didn't have a separate thermostat and was very warm through the night. This place is in desperate need of updating and professional management. There aren't many choices in Manti, but I think this would be my last choice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
MYRNALEE2, Owner at Manti Motel, responded to this review, October 1, 2015
Did you complete your on line reservation? If that was not done, we would not have record of it

Travelers are raving about these Manti hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

We made a reservation to stay at this place on a Tuesday night. We arrived after a full day of travel, very tired and very ready for bed. We arrived at 9:45pm and anything after 9pm was considered "late check-in." This was not a problem because they had a number on the door for people checking in late. I called the number and no one answered and there was no answering machine. Over the next 15 minutes I called 5 more times. No answer. We went next door and stayed at a motel that cost twice as much.

The next morning I called them and a very confused woman answered. This is how the conversation went;
me: we came last night and no one was in the office to let us in, and no one answered the phone, I called 6 times.
woman: can you give me your name?
me: my name is John Doe.
woman: well, Mr. Doe, it looks like your reservation was for Wednesday to Thursday, so we were not expecting you until tonight.
me: well I'm looking at the email confirmation you sent us when we reserved the room and it clearly says we reserved the room from Tuesday to Wednesday.
woman: oh, I guess we made a mistake.
me: yes, you did.
woman: well, we haven't charged your card yet. Sorry you had such a bad experience.
me: is that it?
woman: well, what else can we do?
me: you can pay for our stay at the more expensive motel, because you really screwed us over last night.
woman: [long pause, probably 20 seconds]. . . well, uhm, I'll let the owner know you called.
me: I'll be sending you the receipt from the other motel. Will the owner be calling me back?
woman: yes, the owner will be calling you back

It's been a few days and the owner has not called me back. I've sent a letter with the receipt and we'll see where it goes from there.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Manti Motel? Share your experiences!