“Surprising Quality Hidden Inside”

Best Western Baugh Motel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Logan
Reviewed August 30, 2013

By design and my own memory, this motel has existed in Logan for many decades. Unlike most hotels of the 1950's, this property has been carefully maintained and renovated to keep the rooms pleasant and attractive.

The rooms are huge. We had a full large bathroom, and an extra sink and vanity in the room. It made it so much easier to get dressed in the morning. There was a nice flat screen TV in the room. The beds were pillow-tops with quality heavy linen. The bathroom linens were also thick, and the amenities were high class. The beds featured four pillows of various levels of softness, making it possible to find something that every guest found comfortable.

The exterior is well maintained. The parking lot is old, but has been extensively patched. The center of the hotel features a nice green space with some lovely flowers. There is no actual lobby, just a small area holding the registration desk, which is open 24/7.

My only disappointment was with the breakfast. The manager explained that breakfast was served until 9:30. We arrived at 8:45. The breakfast room was very small with about five tables, and all were occupied. There were two tables outside, and we decided to sit outside, but we were pestered by wasps during our meal.

As for the breakfast foods, they were out of almost everything. There were no scrambled eggs, no orange juice, no apple juice, no milk for the dry cereal and no fresh fruit. There were bagels, but they were frozen solid. The gentleman supervising the breakfast area explained that they had experienced a large number of guests on this morning, as if this excused their unwillingness to replenish the breakfast foods. Since eggs and juice can be stored from one day to the next, I was not impressed with the excuse that there had been too many diners, and therefore there was no breakfast for us.

When traveling alone a hotel breakfast is not important to us, but when traveling with our grandchildren it is an amenity that we actively seek. I was very disappointed with the failure of the motel to provide this promised service.

The hotel rate for the night we spent on the property was $149/night for each of the two rooms our family required. It was seriously over-priced for the location and the age of the property. I assume it would not be so expensive on other week-ends. I think we were competing for rooms with parents delivering their children to the beginning week-end at Utah State University.

I would be very happy with this hotel at a rate of about $80/night including a reasonable breakfast. I would return under those circumstances, but likely try to avoid the hotel during peak periods.

Overall, I would not be worried about the age of the property because it is in great condition.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel several times, and keep coming back because it's so nice. It doesn't look like a brown/beige blob, but has a very pretty decor in the rooms. It's not too big, or too small, and easy to get to the pool. The complimentary full breakfast is good, and you can eat it inside, outside, or in your room. It's also centrally located in Logan, so it's easy to find and get to. We also appreciated the handicap facilities (shower chair) in our room.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I really liked this hotel. I stayed at this hotel years ago and decided to stay again. I was so pleased
with it. It is quiet, plenty of space to move around. They have one sink outside of the bathroom,
so you can use it when someone is occupying the bathroom. The bathroom was large. The remodeling is pretty.
They have no elevators for the upper stairs. One thing I didn't like about my room was the mattress needed to be replaced, I did have to use the other queen it's mattress was more firm.
The breakfast was good, the breakfast room was very small. So, you could go outside and sit on a bench if you needed to. I will stay again.What is the deal with hotel queens? I know they are smaller than my queen at home.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

we loved this hotel. the rooms were very roomy, and nicely done. the beds were comfortable, and had nice bedding. it was centerally located and quiet. the staff were very helpful.. the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The place was clean, affordable, the help was helpful. We also liked the location as it was close to the places we went to that area to visit and we could walk. It was lovely. The bed was also comfortable. The room was well set up and decorated.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a quaint 50's type drive in motel where you can park outside your room. Very clean and well kept. Lots of lawn areas for dogs. Friendly staff. Comfortable rooms. Lovely town with lots to see and do. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a family funeral to be at in Cedar City, Utah. We stayed in your "Pet friendly" hotel on the way there from Spokane, Wa...and again on the way home a week later. We found your hotel & staff just wonderful. Comfortable & clean. We felt very safe there & your morning breakfast was great!! We plan to stay with you again the next time we go visit my Dad in Cedar City. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple