“Chinese for the Toothless Crowd”
Review of Formosa Restaurant

Formosa Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 145 Restaurants in Logan
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I stopped here on a recruiting trip to Utah State for my son. The food was edible, but extremely bland. I know why though; everyone sitting around us were small town senior citizens. I got Tiny Spicy Chicken, which while pretty fresh, was about as spicy as ketchup. My wife got the Three-Spicy something. Somewhat fresh but NOT spicy. The fried-rice was fresh but it was like something my white, elderly Grandma would make for fried rice. I did like the hot and sour soup which had more spice then anything else, with just a hint of sweetness.

The place isn't horrible, the prices were very good and the ambiance was fine. The waitress was great. Just not the most tasty Chinese food I have had. And I am from Salt lake!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I don't want to be insulting but it's a little funny to read some reviews from whoever claiming they like Chinese food but only order something like tiny spicy chicken. I know we are in America, but please stop rating a Chinese restaurant only by the taste/quality of tiny spicy chicken or sweet & sour soup. They are American Chinese food, not Chinese food.

As a Chinese student, this restaurant is the best Chinese restaurant in Logan. Even you expand the range to Utah/Idaho, this is still on of the best places to enjoy the authentic Chinese food. Their "Hong Shao Pork", "Crispy Duck", "Salty Pepper Pork/Chicken/Squid" and some other dishes from a "secret Chinese food menu" are something really from China.

What makes it a better place, is that the restaurant keeps developing their options. The "Luna Eggplant", "Happy Formosa" and "Lamb Hot Pot" have become my new favorite.

Anyway if you are a Chinese, or you enjoy the real Chinese food, you will not be disappointed by the food here.

1  Thank Zilong_H
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Called in take out. Lady very nice but the food was just terrible. It was very cheap price thou. I knew something was wrong when I drove up and there was one car in the parking lot at 7pm.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

If you are going to Formosa, get the tiny spicy chicken. It is fantastic. Their food is always good, and their service is great as well!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

These guys have the best egg drop soup in town. I love to go and sit down with my wife and just enjoy some tiny spicy chicken and some egg drop soup nothing better for lunch. Friendly people.