“Egg Drop Soup”

Formosa Restaurant
Ranked #91 of 141 Restaurants in Logan
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 9, 2013

These guys have the best egg drop soup in town. I love to go and sit down with my wife and just enjoy some tiny spicy chicken and some egg drop soup nothing better for lunch. Friendly people.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We ordered take-out. They said it would be ready in 10 minutes and we showed up 15 minutes later. The chicken was mushy I had to spit it out. The beef and broccoli tasted like it was from lunch several hours earlier. The wontons were stale. Then when I called to complain they told me it was because of the weather outside. I brought the food in to show them and they accused me of putting it on something cold because it was "ice cold" which it seriously wasn't. She then had another customer feel the bottom of my food to see if it was cold. Who the hell does that! They wouldn't give me all of my money back because she kept saying "that will be a problem" when I asked for a refund. I will NEVER go back there again.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

That said, in Hawaii it'd be OK, but here, what's the competition? It's better than Mandarin and way better than Wok On Wheels (though they do deliver!). We are a part Chinese family and this is the restaurant of choice. We invited the grandparents and grandchildren and those between last week and we ordered all over the menu and it was a feast.

The one thing that drives me a little crazy here is seeing what other tables are eating. Often everyone has a pile of orange breaded chicken. I mean that food is OK, but for goodness sakes try the string bean Szechwan style, or some shrimp, or the eggplant - particularly good - it's seasonal as they only use Asian type eggplant. One time they were out and I asked if I brought in the big ones would they make it anyway. It was for a take out order and they agreed, so I went to Smiths and brought them several big eggplants. They cooked up a big platter and didn't even charge us!

So I do tell people to eat there and do try something other than breaded chicken.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Sorry to say, years back Formosa was a great little Chinese food restaurant. The ownership changed a number of years ago and it's never been the same. The food doesn't even quite taste like Chinese. I don't think they have a chef/cook who has ever eaten Chinese food. It is not good. Tiny spicy chicken is small mooshy chicken. Wait staff and customer service are terrible. Even the previous cleanliness has gone downhill. There are a couple of other places to get Chinese food in Logan that are far better.

3  Thank Joes_CV_girl
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I retired from the Military stationed in Asia, and moved to Logan 5 months ago. I have eaten at all the Asian restaurants in the area, they are all ok but Formosa is my favorite. The food is fresh and they are more than happy to modify my orders, delete sugar etc based on my mood. I eat here at least twice a week. Lunch is very busy so come early if you are on a set time for lunch. I was surprised at some of the neg reviews, is there another Formosa in the area? I have been satisfied 100% of the time. Staff is friendly and some are multi lingual so I can practice my Japanese in a Chinese restaurant! I don't think lunch would be crowed if food was not consistently good. It had been on my bachelor weekly eat out schedule for the last 5 months