“Expensive pizza” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Logan, Utah
“Expensive pizza”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Ordered a couple large pizza's to go. $18.50 each. Wow. Then I noticed that they charged an extra $1.50 for to-go orders. I asked the cashier about it and he (shift-manager?) said the it was to go to the wait staff because they don't make a gratituity on to-go orders. Really? Who does that? Pizza was not that great.

Next time it will be take n' bake pizza. Better pizza, half the price and I will take the $1.50 and buy a large bottle of soda to go with the pizza.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank restaurantguy117

Logan, Utah, United States
“Alright”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Service is terrible there. The food is just alright. The famous fzookie is very good but also very, very sweet. It isn't my favorite pizza place.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Courtney K
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Half Baked and Over Priced.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Recently, Firehouse Pizza moved to a new location deeper into Logan after being on the south end of town for ten years.

It seems with the move, the wait and kitchen staff must have left everything they know behind. If you have a well trained staff, location shouldn't be an issue. Not the case tonight. We waited 15 minutes until the host approached us to say that they busy (duh) and that our waitress would be with us. No water order.

Ten minutes later, waitress shows. We're a table of four but one of us is late so we order for him and that confused the waitress hardcore.

Half an hour later, the appetizer shows up, followed by the entrees two minutes later. Firehouse prides themselves on their cedar baked sandwiches - the sandwich is served on top of a hot piece of cedar shingle right to your table. Seems like a great idea, but is actually really stupid. Someone wasn't thinking...

The sandwich-shingle combo is then put on a plate and if the waitress doesn't have her wits about her, the shingle will slide off the plate onto your lap when she hands it across the table. Luckily for me, I caught it. And burned my hands on that loathsome cedar shingle. Best of all, the bread of my sandwich was half baked. Meatballs on bread dough. Awesome! Subway makes a better meatball sandwich.

My sister had asked for omission of the mushrooms in her pasta, but it was served with the mushrooms anyway. And the pasta was cold. Our waitress offered to remake it, but rumor has it, the cooks have to pay full price for their mistakes. Mother ordered the Cowboy Pizza. The menu says it has BBQ sauce on it. In reality, it surely does not have any sauce whatsoever.

Never once during the meal were we offered refills of our waters, but the waitress was kind of to bring a pitcher of water with our check. With the check. Did she think we'd take it to go?

I like the foccacia bread and salads at Firehouse, and if I was to return that's all I would order. But bread really isn't worth the expense and I can make my own just as great salad at home and it won't take me an hour, and I won't have to wait for a refill on my water.

If you're after pizza and a salad without the hassle, try Pizza Hut.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank utahskibum85
Logan, Utah
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I must say I prefer the Logan south Firehouse to the Smithfield one
I found the food better for some reason,sorry

Visited January 2012
My Own Private Idaho
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have stopped here several times over the years my daughter was a student at USU. It was always very good food and great service.