“good food but slow service”
Review of Gia's - CLOSED

Gia's
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had breakfast brunch with a group of about 20 people. Food was very good and our entire group was pretty much served their meal within 10 minutes of each other but it took over one hour to serve after we ordered.
They probably do much better with smaller groups.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had driven by a few times but decided to try it on Sept 2, 2013. I had the Arrabiata. My wife had the Eggplant Parmesan. Both were excellent. We also had the sauteed mushrooms as an appetizer. They were large and delicious. Plenty of food, we took some home. Service was great, Kelly. Her recommendations were right on. We live 2.5 hours away, but we will go there again when in the area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have people tell me that this place is the best. I ate here about 15 years ago and went back this past April to find that it really hasn't changed much and the food is just average at best.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Our family used to love Gia's. We have loved the atmosphere, delicious food, and elegance of this restaurant.

Our last trip on august 2 came as a shock and a huge disappointment. The first thing we noticed was a new menu. Undeterred we asked our server for recommendations and ordered what she recommended. Then came a long wait for our food. During the wait I found myself eating the ice out of my glass the server neglected to refill with more pepsi. Then my wife and I started noticing a buildup of dust growing on the wall panels around us. Yuck.

Next thing we noticed was that meals there no longer come with a salad. This also means no more pallet cleaner between courses.

The food was poor to say the least. I ordered the toscana the server recommended. The dish was bland. The chicken had a leather texture and was dry from being over cooked. The tomatoes had a pastey texture and obviously came out of a can. Finally the sauce was extremely oily and had a years supply of garlic in it.

Logan no longer has a fine Italian restaurant. Next time we want Italian we'll go to olive garden or even noodles and company. We'll never go back to Gia's. This is truly a sad day for Logan Utah.

1  Thank Kelley B
Dominic C, Owner at Gia's, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

We regret that your recent visit wasn't all that it should have been. We are constantly working to improve, and truly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Please feel free to contact me - we want to hear from our customers and will continue to do all we can to offer the best Italian food around!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was a first dinner at Gia's even though we have passed by it many times. It is right on Main Street a few doors down from the Eccles Theater. It is a cute really Italian looking little restaurant with out-door seating. You walk in and it is just what you would expect an Italian restaurant to look like, very cozy and romantic. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The food was wonderful. They bring you a loaf of warm crusted bread and dipping oil and balsamic vinegar and we had the Seafood Manicotti with cream sauce that was really yummy and a very large portion on top of it. The menu has some wonderful offerings and I can't wait to go back and try more. For those who think you cannot get a drink in Utah, they have a very nice wine list, by the glass or the bottle and a variety of beers.