“One of Logan's best, but top competition is slim”
Review of Le Nonne

Le Nonne
Ranked #6 of 140 Restaurants in Logan
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fine dining Italian fare. Featuring Northern Italian cuisine such as homemade gnocchi, raviolis, and more.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Le Nonne has long been one of our favorite restaurants for special occasions. It is one of the best upper tier restaurants in Logan, but this is a town with modest options in the way of fine dining. In my opinion their best dishes are the various ravioli offerings, some of which are truly delicious. The rest of the menu will not impress the palate of one with dining experience at high end restaurants in big cities. The seating inside is snug - tables are close together and on a busy night the noise level can get high. There is outdoor seating in the summer, which makes for a very pleasant evening.

2  Thank brachiopod251

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We loved the Penne Pesto Scampi. The atmosphere in the restaurant was wonderful. I loved all the paintings of Italy around the room. They even had two people come in and play guitars for background music.
The part we didn't love was the rest of the food we ordered. The ceasar salad and Pasta E Fagioli soup was very bland. My husband had the beef swimming in a gorgonzola cream sauce that he did not like at all. I had the chicken in lemon sauce with capers. The chicken was thinly breaded with flour and cooked so it was tender, but the lemon caper sauce was not very lemony at all. I had heard from friends that it was a wonderful restaurant and I had to try it, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for the price. Basically we spent $75 on a plate of pasta with shrimp because we didn't eat the other food.

1  Thank Aliza B
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I've loved Le Nonne for years, always giving them a five. Tonight was a disaster, perhaps the worst "fine" restaurant dining I've ever had. At 6:15, 15 minutes after our reservation,my daughter asked, "Will we get bread?" The waitress answered, "Well, it's hasn't arrived yet." Then I order the entree I usually get, Mahi Mahi. I happened to go the bathroom and saw what the cooks sitting down and paying little attention to the waitress; she appeared at our table 10 minutes later and said they didn't have any. The specials are always the same, so I didn't have a back up plan, given that I don't eat gluten so seafood is limited. The waits between every order were extended, though I suspect that wasn't the waitress's fault--she seemed to be trying hard--but whatever was going on in the kitchen. I came home and immediately tried to find something to snack on since this experience was so unsatisfying. I have often pushed my family, over some objections, to go to Le Nonne, but I will not go back soon, and I'll certainly look at reviews to see if this kind of food and service is the "new" Le Nonne.

2  Thank Tseh3
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We've heard about this restaurant for years and finally decided to give it a try. The first impression was the smell. This is in an old Victorian styled house, so we didn't expect perfection, but the whole placed smelled of old cigarette smoke and the elderly. Not very appetizing for dinner. Second, if you wanted intimacy, you won't get it. The tables are very close together and they have families with children right next to couples. There is room for division of parties. Third, the food is very pricey for what you get.
It was decent food, but coming from an area like St. Louis that has a Little Italy section of the city, very disappointing. The Caesar salad for two was just lettuce, dressing, and grated Parmesan cheese with some croutons. Expected to have at least shaved cheese for the price of that salad. The ravioli was drowning in a bland sauce, gotten better at the grocery store. The other dish we got was a steak dish, it was flavorful but small in portion, and nothing special. We will not be returning as there are much better, more affordable options in the valley.

2  Thank mishabri
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very comfortable place to dine. Wait staff is helpful, and happy to make recommendations. The salmon is always good. But the way to go is to have whatever the soup special is and whatever the fish special is. Always good choices.