“Not like it use to be....”

Bluebird Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 139 Restaurants in Logan
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Candy and soda fountain are amazing. Still has it old world charm. But the food could be better. I remember growing up my grandmother would take dinner here every Sunday and we would join her on occasion and the food was amazing. I work in the food industry now as an adult and maybe it has jaded me but the my meal this time with my grandmother was subpar. The rolls are still good and the soup better than expected but entrée was gross. I had the Steak Oscar. Stake was cooked to perfection but you don't use imitation crab and shrimp on the same dish and then smother it in this interesting yellow goo. Good thing I was filled up from the soup and smashed potatoes and my brother would eat anything because then I would have wasted some good money.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Travelling across country we looked for unique lunch spots. Stopping in Logan I spotted this gem. The old Bluebird is historically preserved. We ate at the lunch counter out of choice - old soda fountain type. In the front of the restaurant is a homemade candy shop. Diners walked in during our entire stay - seemed like a local spot for many. While we ate sparingly we noticed the prices were excellent as were the daily choices. Thoroughly enjoyed are time there.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Bluebird is a Logan landmark. The old original wood work is always a reminder of having been there many years ago. Each time we visit it is "just the same ole great place." The people are friendly and attentive. Food is very good.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

As with other contributors thsi palce is worth a visit for the decor which is like a movie set.
Service was good and the lunch was not stand out but did not the place down.
It filled with locals as lunchtime progressed so they must be doing right.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

No make-believe "olde". It's the real deal.
I had baked trout for ten bucks. Can't beat that even if the cooking isn't five star.
We were passing through Logan enroute fm Salt Lake to Driggs, Idaho and Bluebird was recommended to us by someone in Salt Lake.