“Fantastic Home Style Cooked Food.”

Bluebird Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 139 Restaurants in Logan
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stopped at this old timey restaurant and loved the decor. Its like an old pharmacy.
We ordered chicken fried steak and sweet n sour chicken, it was fantastic.... Great ambience.
When i am back in the land of the free we will def stop by. :)

There are newer reviews for Bluebird Restaurant

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food was good, but not exceptional. The ambiance was very good, the service excellent, patrons were worth sharing a meal with; Logan has a downtown that has continued to function and the Bluebird is representative of what we grieve for in most of our USA cities. Visit and enjoy you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I ordered the Chicken Alfredo and we both agree it was probably the very worst that we have ever had.

1  Thank heglin
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stopped once for ice cream and saw so many people having dinners that we came back. The hostess tried to seat us in a back corner at a table for six right at the swinging door to the kitchen. We requested one of the empty tables towards the front. She wasn't happy but accommodated us. We were served the freshly baked rolls and waters as soon as we were seated. Our waitress told us about the specials and we decided on the grilled fish. The entrees are served with soup or salad, vegetable of the day and a choice of potato. Sounds good - but the salad is out of a bag; the soup was over salted; the main course presentation was a small portion of zucchini with a piece of carrot, baked potatoes that came out of the microwave, and a nice size portion of grilled fish. One of the potatoes was not quite cooked through. Our server was appropriately attentive. The food is filling and inexpensive which may explain why so many eat there. This is an old fashioned ice cream parlor that dates back to 1914 or so. Original marble soda fountain; probably original chairs and tables, original tile floor, etc. Worth a visit to see it. Go for the ice cream specialties not the dinner or lunch unless you are on a tight budget. The ice cream was very nice and it was fun seeing it.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've never given a TA review lower than 3 stars, but this one just had to be less. We decided to try this restaurant (we're Logan locals) since it's such a historic business in our town. Upon entering, I hoped we would be seated in the antique front half of the business, with the beautiful woodwork and grand staircase, but unfortunately the sour-faced hostess sat us in a sketchy add-on room in the bowels of the building that smelled like a high school cafeteria, next to a mural of the Great Depression. The fluorescent lights baked down on us as we stared at the laminated paper menus, which featured foods that were probably popular when the restaurant opened in 1912. If you are not feeling like eating heavy, particularly items like ground steak, prime rib, fried shrimp, chicken parm, this is not the place to go.

Our waiter (who seemed overwhelmed and exhausted, and having worked in restaurants before, I know he probably was) said the soup du jour was french onion. I ordered it, and it came to me a cup of broth that tasted little different from water, with regular white onions, not sweet and definitely not caramelized, and a mass of semi-melted cheese not on top, but sunk down at the very bottom. As for the croutons, they ran out, and the waiter informed us that my boyfriend (who also ordered the soup) and I would have to fight over the one crouton they had. However, when the food came, another person in our party found her salad dressed with a handful of the very same croutons...

I ordered the pork tenderloin special. I am pretty sure it was just pork dipped in bread crumbs. It tasted so ordinary, so very much like something I could make at home in under 15 minutes, that I was astounded that it was about $13. Overall, rather disappointing. The only folks who enjoy this restaurant must have been there when it opened. On a side note, however, I have had their chocolates from their candy factory, and they are very good quality.

2  Thank CamilleInTheWoods