“Pastrami is amazing”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Pastrami is amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

That's all I have to say. They make almost everything in house which i love. I went away with such a full stomach and as I was leaving my mouth was still watering for more. So good I'm bothering to take the time to write a review.

Visited January 2014

Logan, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ in Utah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

There ribs are my favorite smoked item. The ribs are very tender fall off the bone with a sold dry rub on them. I like all there smoked meats there very flavorful with just the right amount of smoke accent to them. The pulled pork is A+ in my books. The meats are smoked with fruit wood instead of hard woods like hickory or mesquite. Fruit woods tend to offer a more of mild smoked flavor compare to the hard woods.
There brisket reminds me of my days in living in Texas where smoked brisket was born. It has a beautiful dry rub that turns out great bark. Brisket is probably the hardest of all the meats to get right Savannah’s does the best I’ve had in Utah. There brisket is in the ranks of the top of the best I had in Texas. All the best brisket got small layer of fat on them gives flavor and keeps it from drying out.
I absolutely lover there onion rings. They from scratch made using there corn bread instead of floor coating. Plan and simply there are stroke of genius in fried foods. The freckles are great to, there not a common to Utah treat. There sweet potato fries are good to. You can get fry sauce to which if you’re from Utahans that’s always nice.
As far as the sauces go they have good selection to choose from. The sweet and sassy sauce is my favorite of the sauces. It’s got nice kick that is evened out with smooth sweetness. I love spicy foods with combine with sweet smooth out the flavor. It’s like flavor bomb in your mouth. I took some of the sweet and sassy sauce to see what the guys I work think of it. Out of the 10 coworkers I shared it with all 10 absolutely loved the sauce. Most said it was the best BBQ sauce they ever had. I would have to say it’s my favorite sauce of all time to. The other sauces are all very solid sauces in flavor from the different regions. I would like to see vinegary Carolina style sauce to. The sauce could be cooked down a bit more to thicken them up but that would be my only complaint of the whole place.
Not too many comments about their deserts but they are very solid deserts treat and great for their price. Love all the different dumb cakes simple but good. I’d give them a try if I was you unless you’re trying to lose weight then that would be a bad idea.
The service has improved over all time. It was one of their biggest weaknesses but has improved greatly. All in all I would highly recommend going to Savannah’s its enjoyable place to eat and the only place in the valley to give you some smoked meats.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank John S
San Francisco
“Bring your own sauce”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Luckily ordered dinner to go. The ribs are served with various sauces available on the side, but they are all thin, watery, and flavorless. So I put out a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's and they were delicious.

Also order some brisket on the advice of the waiter, but it was a bit tough.

The pepper jack mac and cheese was really good, and so was the cole slaw. The beans were okay, but too sweet. The cornbread was boring.

All that being said, everything was a bit over-priced. You can get almost the same thing just as good as Texas Roadhouse, but I might come back just tor the pepper jack mac and cheese.

• Visited May 2013
North Logan, Utah
“Barbque was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had the barbque brisket dinner with sweet potato fries and baked beans. I thought it was very good (though the brisket was quite fatty, which surprised me). The portions were very generous and the flavors were good. They had a variety of sauces but I did not find one that I loved. I usually am a fan of mustard sauces but theirs was lacking to me.
My husband had the pulled pork which he said was just ok. They regular fries were terrible.

Visited February 2013
Logan, Utah
“Great salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I ordered the prime rib sandwiches for lunch. The buns were very fresh and soft, We were not overly impressed with the sauces since we are used to Kansas City barbeque sauces. I think some sauces more like the KC ones would be an excellent addition. The salad was excellent as was the balsamic vinegar dressing. My husband thought the baked beans were better than average. The sandwiches were good but not the best prime rib we have tasted. If you want BBQ this is the restaurant to visit.

• Visited January 2013