“Great pizza, great staff”

Jacks Wood Fired Oven
Ranked #3 of 138 Restaurants in Logan
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner
Description: At Jack's we believe in simplicity and letting good ingredients speak for themselves. We source what we can locally and organically. We don't cook with additives or preservatives. We offer gluten-friendly, vegetarian, and vegan options as well.
London, United Kingdom
“Great pizza, great staff”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Visited here on a family holiday (we're from London, UK).

Superb pizzas, freshly cooked in front of your eyes in the wood fire oven. Some of the topping mixtures on the menu may seem a little odd especially if you are used to Dominos, Pizza Hut (yuck!) etc but go with it - they are amazing.

For dessert, don't ignore the dessert pizzas - they may sound weird but they are stunning. But probably after the main course you'll want to be sharing one between two people!

Staff are very friendly and efficient, nothing else to say, top notch place to eat outside Salt Lake City.

Only downside was their liquor licence had been temporarily suspended so no beer but they had some lovely home made mixtures using huckleberry juice.

• Visited May 2013

Rock Creek
“Very good, thin crust pizza, a bit over priced”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were in Logan again after a trip last fall. We went looking for Montez Brothers, which (sadly) has closed down. So - we picked Jacks. We were not disappointed. The pizzas are very good and there is a wide range of choices with many local ingredients. We had a "chuck wagon" and "BLT". Both were very good. However, we polished off both easily. They were $12 and $13, not a huge amount of food for the price. Service was fast, friendly and with a real wood fired oven, the pizza is ready in a hurry. A reasonable range of Uinta draft beers. The restaurant is funky (who as a helicopter tail rotor on the wall?), which adds to the experience. So, very good pizza, average value, great service, nice place.

• Visited April 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“Adults loved it, kids not so much”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed the pizza here. It tasted and looked a lot like the good pizza we had in Italy (you can get bad pizza there). Loved the different combinations of pizza they had and the food tasted fresh.

The kids were not so excited (18yo son, 14yo daughter, 11 yo son). The pizzas were a little more upscale than they were used to. They were also pretty small. The atmosphere was was family friendly.

I'd take my husband back and maybe my daughter, but probably not my sons.

• Visited March 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Local First!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

When Jacks first opened, I didn't think it would last long. Admitting that aches.

The restaurant was hidden behind the trees lining busy Main Street and parking was sparse. They had a good menu but it felt too much like eating at someone's house. For example, water was from a glass, one gallon urn with a spigot. The mother took your order at counter, gave you a number, and then when the food was served, it came to the table by way of teenage children. One touch that I though was cool was this: the number the mother gave you was printed on a cattle ear tag.

A year had passed since my previous. I'd heard rumor of the business' demise, and fortunately that was just a rumor!

I understand new investors have become involved and the restaurant has grown into the space next door - quadrupling the capacity. New servers have been hired and the menu is bigger. The ambiance is more sophisticated, gone is the feeling of being at Grandma's. Waitstaff takes your order on an iPod.

Jacks Pizza touts that they use only local product and that is commendable. The menu price reflects such a commitment; a pizza can cost you $12. Mind, that pizza is far better than that of Domino's or Pizza Hut.

Their menu only consists of pizzas, salads, and one appetizer. I think they could cater to the greater downtown lunch bunch if they added some sandwiches to their menu. They have the ingredients.

If you're in downtown Logan, Jacks is a definite must. I hope they remain in Logan for decades to come.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank utahskibum85
Logan, Utah
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I can't believe I have lived here for a few years and have been missing out on Jacks' pizza. I loved it. They have unique pizza combinations on thin crust. Not the most filling pizza- think quality not quantity. Fun atmosphere, had live music playing on a Saturday night. Will be returning again and again!

Visited March 2013