“Nice "zen" feel".”

SpringHill Suites Logan
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Logan
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Spacious rooms. Fairly new, well designed. Great view. Always appreciate the separate living area. Accommodating staff. Nice breakfast. Wonderful restaurant right next door. I liked the different bathroom/toilet layout. Have stayed for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cjckc

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have stayed at his hotel 5 or 6 times. The lobby is very nice, breakfast area is clean and well organized. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. I do like the fact that a nice restaurant is connected to the hotel, makes it easy to get dinner.

The room is very large and super clean. Plus the hotel is quite. The location is nice, easy to get to everything in town.

My only complaint is the wireless speed is so slow. I have complained a few times and was told the hotel was close to full or close to full so everyone was on it. They need more bandwidth. I had to use my 3G connection on my IPad.

Thinking I might try the Holiday Inn Express next time, at night for work I need the Internet. The hotel looks very new.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WisconsinBaderFan
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Good location- beautiful city
Nice staff-
Weird setup for the bathrooms and toilet. - not my favorite.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank David R
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Love the style in this hotel, very upscale. Quiet, good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This was the first time we stayed at a Springhill property. I loved the rooms except for the way the bathroom and shower was designed. It was two separate rooms with sliding glass doors. Oh, you couldn't really see through the doors, but still did not like it. The staff was really nice and a good breakfast was served. We would stay again inspite of the bathroom and shower complaint.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I've stayed at the SpringHill a few times before and I keep hoping that it will live up to its Marriott standard, but the details continue to disappoint. Of course, it is a nice hotel, nicely decorated, comfortable beds, very fluffy pillows, and a nice suite layout. However, there continue to be missed details that make the visit less than what it could be.

This time the first issue was that we were asked to check in late due to the late departure of a visiting football team. We honored this request, only to find the hotel staffed by a single clerk who was absent from the desk as she dealt with an in-room issue on the 4th floor. We waited as the line grew longer--others accomodating the late check in request--and finally called the number on the desk to see if anyone would be coming. She finally arrived, breathless (poor dear) and began dealing with the line. She was a model of composure and I highly admire her happy countenance as she dealt with tired and unhappy customers, but I can't believe that her management put her in that position. When I mentioned that, her reply was "oh, it's happened before". The worst part of this piece was the poor mother who had multiple rooms who was told that despite her request, there were no cribs available as they had been given away on a first-come-first-served basis. Her dismay was obvious, especially since she had requested the crib on her reservation!

The other details were minor--a light switch that didn't turn any lights on by the door, threadbare towels, and a single-serve packet of coffee for two guests--but these are the details that normally signify a quality hotel. I was also surprised that the continental breakfast was only served from 7:00-9:30 on a Sunday in a town where there are few Sunday breakfast choices. That seemed rather limiting.

I will continue to stay at the SpringHll Suites in Logan as a loyal Marriott customer, but I will also continue to hope they upgrade their standards.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank diinslc
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We always stay at Marriott when available, so we used our points to stay here overnight on our trip. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating. The room was larger than expected and almost a mini-suite. Everything was so clean and new, which we always look for at this time. They included breakfast, which was very plentyful and enjoyable. It's located close to the center of town, which offers so much to see and do. The best opera and shows in July and August. Elements restaurant is right next door and they gave us a free dessert coupon. We ate there at the right time of day for a special priced meal and drink. We had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple