“Nice Place”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Logan
Lebanon, Missouri
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

This was the first time we stayed at a Springhill property. I loved the rooms except for the way the bathroom and shower was designed. It was two separate rooms with sliding glass doors. Oh, you couldn't really see through the doors, but still did not like it. The staff was really nice and a good breakfast was served. We would stay again inspite of the bathroom and shower complaint.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
North Salt Lake, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

I've stayed at the SpringHill a few times before and I keep hoping that it will live up to its Marriott standard, but the details continue to disappoint. Of course, it is a nice hotel, nicely decorated, comfortable beds, very fluffy pillows, and a nice suite layout. However, there continue to be missed details that make the visit less than what it could be.

This time the first issue was that we were asked to check in late due to the late departure of a visiting football team. We honored this request, only to find the hotel staffed by a single clerk who was absent from the desk as she dealt with an in-room issue on the 4th floor. We waited as the line grew longer--others accomodating the late check in request--and finally called the number on the desk to see if anyone would be coming. She finally arrived, breathless (poor dear) and began dealing with the line. She was a model of composure and I highly admire her happy countenance as she dealt with tired and unhappy customers, but I can't believe that her management put her in that position. When I mentioned that, her reply was "oh, it's happened before". The worst part of this piece was the poor mother who had multiple rooms who was told that despite her request, there were no cribs available as they had been given away on a first-come-first-served basis. Her dismay was obvious, especially since she had requested the crib on her reservation!

The other details were minor--a light switch that didn't turn any lights on by the door, threadbare towels, and a single-serve packet of coffee for two guests--but these are the details that normally signify a quality hotel. I was also surprised that the continental breakfast was only served from 7:00-9:30 on a Sunday in a town where there are few Sunday breakfast choices. That seemed rather limiting.

I will continue to stay at the SpringHll Suites in Logan as a loyal Marriott customer, but I will also continue to hope they upgrade their standards.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank diinslc
Logan, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

We always stay at Marriott when available, so we used our points to stay here overnight on our trip. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating. The room was larger than expected and almost a mini-suite. Everything was so clean and new, which we always look for at this time. They included breakfast, which was very plentyful and enjoyable. It's located close to the center of town, which offers so much to see and do. The best opera and shows in July and August. Elements restaurant is right next door and they gave us a free dessert coupon. We ate there at the right time of day for a special priced meal and drink. We had a great time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

This hotel is conveniently located near old town Logan, 45 minutes from Bear Lake, and next to the new conference center. Elements restaurant is next to the hotel and provides room service (except on Sundays). There is a nice river walk next to the Elements restaurant that takes only 10 min to walk. The hotel rooms have one drawback, the shower and toilet are separated and have translucent doors. So, if someone uses the rest room, they light up the whole room and there is not much sound abatement. The breakfast is nice and adequate. The hotel includes an indoor workout center, pool, and hot tub. The WiFi in the room is very fast and exceeds my home 12 Mbps download speeds.

Room Tip: The first floor is very convenient to the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank timeoffagain
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I stay in a lot of Marriotts of all types and this one is a standout. It was very clean, the staff helpful and friendly, and the location couldn't be beat. It's right next to a conference center so we just walked over to our social event.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

This is a great hotel! It's obviously very new. The rooms have a very modern European feel to them. I can't say enough great things about the rooms and the hotel itself. The only thing that caused me not to rate this as excellent ws the staff. The front desk staff was very friendly, however as an elite member of Marriot Rewards, I do expect that to be acknowledged at check in. There was no mention at all - I even had to ask the cleark to ensure my rewards number was on the reservation. Breakfast was average fare, however the attendants were very unfriendly and never once acknowledged guests in the morning. Overall, it's a great hotel -by far the best in Logan. It's just time for a little recurrent training from the statf.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank enigmaMN
Grand Junction, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

We have stayed twice at the SpringHill suites in Logan during the last four weeks. The rooms are nicely decorated with a decent sitting area. The separated shower and toilet are nice when traveling with a family, but the frosted glass barn style doors give you very little privacy. The pool is decent for a hotel, and the workout room is acceptable with the standard free weights, treadmills, and ellipticals. The free breakfast is fairly dismal and lacking. Free internet and free parking are good. Overall, the property is pretty.

My biggest complaint is with the front desk staff. Our first visit we crawled into bed at 11pm after traveling all day to only to find that the sheets on our bed hadn't been changed from the previous guest; lots of long black hairs and crumbs in the bed- yuck!! The front desk could have cared less when I brought it to their attention. I hadn't planned to stay at this hotel again but everything else in town was booked when I needed to stay in Logan again a few weeks later. This time our shower door kept falling off, one time banging me in the leg and almost crashing through the glass in the barn style door of the bathroom, trapping me between them. Again, when I told the front desk about it, the man at the desk said they already knew about the door and maybe they would look at it after we left. This is completely unacceptable to me! If the door had come off on my 6 year old daughter while she was in the shower, the result could have been horrible. I will not bring my business back to SpringHill for the many more trips to Logan I need to make this year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family