“What you would expect from a Motel 6”

Motel 6 Salt Lake City South - Lehi
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Lehi
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“What you would expect from a Motel 6”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is situated next to I-15 making it easy to access from the highway but sometime the busy road leading from the motel is challenging to exit onto. They have done some recent upgrades to the flooring giving it a nicer look. It's close to plenty of eating and shopping establishments and a movie theater. The main draw for me is the cost and the rooms are clean but basic.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room on the east side as the west side highway noise is loud.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Wyosoldier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oakland, California
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed here two times over two years. The first time I pulled back the covers to get into bed only to realize that the sheet for a full had been squeezed on a queen size bed and was pulling up on the corners. This alone was obvious--so I pulled the sheet off and to my horror, found a blood stained mattress cover. This was not a small stain--this was at least 25 inches in diameter--impossible to miss. I called reception and they said I could come down and they'd give me a new mattress cover and sheet set. Did not seem overly concerned about this to my surprise!

Second visit--blood stain on the pillow that is visible through the pillow cover. Again, impossible to miss. I spilled some water in the bathroom and used the bath mat to wipe it up. The bath mat turned black from the dirt and grime on the floor. This floor had not been cleaned in a very, very long time. The last blow came when after taking a shower I reached for my towel. It smelled a little like cigarette smoke and I opened it up to see makeup smeared all over it. This was a used, dirty towel. Disgusting. The other towel did not have the same odor or dirt on it, as a comparison of a clean and dirty towel.

For $60 bucks a night, the least you'd expect are clean sheets and towels. This place is so negligent in there housekeeping it's criminal to charge people any amount of money to stay here. The front desk person was arrogant and obnoxious and wore a shirt that had clearly been balled up in a wad before he put it on. No one at this place gives a damn--could not pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kasha5511
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The roar of I-15 is right next to one side of the hotel. Could not sleep and no rooms available on the other side.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Marathon26
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Ok so I wasn't expecting the Taj Mahal or phenomenal service, but I was anticipating cleanliness. The bathroom was hard to look at, let alone use. The sink had unidentifiable stains smeared all over it, and the toilet and the shower hadn't been cleaned. The towels didn't smell like they had been washed. Overall I would have been better off camping without a tent. I really didn't expect much and I only stayed here because I was travelling with pets.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank kristyp99
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We checked in and the room was pretty nice for the price. 2 queen beds and a t.v., also there is a pool. For the area this price was very good and the location was very nice also; since it is 1/2 mile from I-15 highway. Beds clean and air worked good. For the price one of the best hotels available.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mz101
Tustin, CA
Reviewed October 30, 2011

The Motel 6 in Lehi was possibly one of the worst Motel 6's I ever been to. The rooms facing the Interstate 15 are so noisy that we asked to have another room right away. Double pane windows would have muffled the freeway noise to an acceptable level. The second room I was given was the last one in the hotel but the AC wasn't working and there was no clock in the room at all. To wish for a coffee maker would have been too much. The coffee served downstairs from 6 till a certain time was of the worst possible quality, not even worth going for that first cup of mud. There was wrestling in the room above us and partying in the room beside us. When I asked the clerk if there was wi-fi, she told us yes, but that it was too expensive. Yet, the hotel was full, most likely with construction workers for the nearby freeway improvements. I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from the Interstate 15.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ValerieKnez
USA
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Clean, comfortable room at a great rate. Some Motel 6 locations are substandard; however, Motel 6 Lehi was what Motel 6 is supposed to be.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank NoneReally
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehi
Days Inn Lehi
Days Inn Lehi
#9 of 9 in Lehi
Best Western Timpanogos Inn
WoodSpring Suites Provo American Fork
Hampton Inn Lehi-Thanksgiving Point
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City / Lehi
Home2 Suites by Hilton Lehi / Thanksgiving Point

Been to Motel 6 Salt Lake City South - Lehi? Share your experiences!