“Glass Blowing”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Glass Blowing”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

The first time I went to the Art Instute I paid $25.00 to make a glass flower. I had been told by someone I work with how fun it was.And that you do the work.But the people who help are verry rude and hurry you so much that it was not at all enjoyable. You are sat at a bench then they do everything. I was allowed to hold the pipe but that was all. Then I signed up for a 4 hour class that I was told I would make at least three items.The cost was $300.00. And only two people are in it.Even tho it was early spring and cool the studio was well over 100 degrees.With no ventelation. I have taken glass blowing classes before and never worked in those kind of conditions.Several times I thought I would pass out.You were also suposed to get one on one instruction.And the instructor was to go back and forth between us. But The instructor spent all of her time with the other student. And completely ignored me. When she talked to me it was to yell at me and tell me I was doing it wrong.I think she ignored me beacuse she didnt feel I was up to her standards.Finally as the class time was ending she told me that she would help me make something if I wanted to stay.After paying what I did I told her that yes I would stay and make something.I finally left an hour after the other student had gone.Then it took them almost three weeks to finally get arround to shipping my item. I feel that none of it was worth the money. And I would not recomend it to anyone. It was a complete dissapointment.

Visited May 2011