“It was good until it wasn't!”

SpringHill Suites Lehi at Thanksgiving Point
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Lehi
St. George, Utah
“It was good until it wasn't!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The price was high, but everything was nice, clean and new. The first night there, we took the kids to play at the pool. The tile surrounding the pool was extremely slippery. My oldest child, who was only walking, slipped and fell. She cut her chin open and it ended up requiring seven stitches. As I am trying to get help and directions to the nearest hospital, the once friendly staff turned cold and standoffish. I can only assume that they were worried about a lawsuit. It is not in my nature to take legal action because of minor accidents; however, I think the staff could have been a lot more helpful. Three were no apologies or offers to help in any way. The front desk attendant looked up the address to the nearest Insticare as I stood there with a screaming child. That was the extent of the courtesies payed to us that day. Because of the the high prices, slippery tile surrounding the pool, and lack of help and kindness in an emergency situation I am rating this establishment as poor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bridgett F
Mark S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lehi at Thanksgiving Point, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Bridgett,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. On behalf of the entire staff I would like to apologize for our response in your time of need. A situation like this would be a time for guest service to shine. I am very saddened to see that it was just the opposite. You are absolutely correct. We should have been much more helpful and caring. Good service becomes void if it does not extend past check in and check out.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies. I invite you to contact me directly the next time you are in our area and I will see that we make this up to you and show you the type of service that we are accustomed to delivering.

801-341-6970

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I visited this Springhill Suites on a business trip to a nearby company. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Air system worked well. Internet was slow, but functional. Bed very comfortable. Easy access to the local highways and within a short drive to a number of local restaurants. My room was located on the highway side of the building and the noise wasn't very noticeable. However, to get an even quieter room, choose something on the side facing away from the freeway.

I will definitely stay at this SprinhHill Suites again given an opportunity.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the freeway should be somewhat quieter, although road noise on lower level rooms is m...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mark S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lehi at Thanksgiving Point, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Joe,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please come and see us again when you are in the area.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have just left SpringHill Suites and have been throughly impressed by the hotel and the staff - The staff were very welcoming - Whitney, went over and above her duties to make my stay better than it could have been - The onsite gym and pool are small, but they will do - There is a Crossfit box 5 mins up the road. There is a good selection at breakfast - Eggs and Beacon or Sausage, Cereal, Fruit, Cold Cuts, Juice, Coffee. There are a few fast food restaurants up the road, within walking distance, so they will do for evening foods.
You're right off the I15, but, it's surprisingly quite there. the room is a good size and the bed is very comfortable. The shower is powerful and has an 'alright' sized bath with it.

The room was cleaned everyday and the bed was made and left with a note from the cleaners wishing you a good day, which is a nice touch.

The only 2 bad things are 1, the eggs are powdered eggs and the sausage is that fake sausage stuff and 2, the the lift is SOOO slow!

Would recommend to anyone staying in the area and will 100% be going there again on my next business trip.

Room Tip: all rooms have great views, however, the ones at the back of the hotel are away from the I15, so wil...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is my first stay at a SpringHill Suites hotel. I knew it was by Marriott, so logically, it would/should be along that line of chain hotels. For the most part, it was. I booked this hotel via Priceline.com and I called in ahead of our trip to inquire about a room with two beds vs one king bed. I was told that because I had used Priceline, they could not change the room, but there was a hide-a-way in the sofa. So, being we were putting a 17 yr old on it, it worked out just fine. I did not re-inquire upon check-in.

I loved the modern look and feel. The layout of the room is nice, but slightly odd, especially when trying to watch TV from the bed and the couch. The TV is in the middle. I also appreciate when we have a room where the shower/toilet is separate from the sink. It makes it easy to get ready, as someone can be in the shower and others can be using the sink. I did hear road noise from the interstate, however it did calm down during the "prime" sleeping hours! The bed was not very comfortable, but adequate. The breakfast seemed a little more "plentiful" then the average "free-breakfast" hotels, as it included oatmeal with all the fixings along with the usual bread products and waffle makers...., and powdered eggs and fake sausage. We went fairly early and there was plenty of food and there was someone monitoring the status of food. It did seem to be crowded and people had a hard time finding a seat to sit down to eat. On a normal week day, it is probably not an issue. I did find the room clean and comfortable with everything in working order. There is a strong order of chlorine from the pool area. I mean, it is extremely noticeable from the lobby.

For what we paid for the room, I felt it was a good deal, especially with the breakfast. Had I paid their advertised price, I would not be as happy. There was an odd vibe with the staff. They were all friendly, however they seemed rather "subdued" and almost "discontent". I have no idea what that means other then they just didn't seem overly happy. Maybe just caught them on a bad day! There really are only two options at this particular exit. A Hampton and this hotel. I have now stayed at both. They rate the Hampton as a 2 1/2 star and the SpringHill Suites as a 3 star. I'm not sure why the difference, or what makes the third star on the SpringHill Suites. I do know there is a price difference for the third star, so it really is up to you which way you go when needing a Hotel in this area. Both are nice and adequate. I didn't seem to see any of the complaints that others have had for this hotel. If you prefer this brand over the Hampton, give it a try!

Room Tip: Highly recommend Priceline when considering this Hotel to get a break on the advertised rate. Also...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cypress, TX
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is my second stay at this SpringHill Suites in Lehi. It is located right off I-15 and about a 10 minute ride to my company's office in American Fork. I have found the staff to be polite and helpful, the breakfast in the a.m. fine, and the quality and cleanliness of my rooms to be fine as well. Thanksgiving Point is less than a 5 minute walk if you're looking for something quick for dinner, or hop in the car and go down one or two exits and there's a multitude of chain restaurant choices. Also a Starbucks not 2 min west of the hotel. I will be back - very convenient for my needs when on the road.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and each night brought new horrors that were never addressed by management. Upon checking in we found our room to be filthy. There were ashes (cigarette?) In the air conditioner and the fridge had contained something garlicky that had been left to rot. The door of the room was out of square so there was a gap around the door that let other guests see into our room and ALL the noise from the hallway drift in. We complained to management and they said they would have the room cleaned and the fridge replaced for the next night, but that the hotel was full so we could not move rooms. They sprayed the fridge down with some nasty and toxic floral scent and didn't clean anything else. The second night they checked in a family of 6 (of the most ill-mannered hillbillies) next to us and there was shouting down the halls, door slamming, fighting and screaming (mostly by the parents) and kids trying to get into our room. I complained to management about the problem guests and was told that several other guests had already complained about them and they would be spoken with. On the third night the hillbillies continued there domestic squabbling into the wee hours and our room still wasn't cleaned. I complained to the front desk again and was assured that I would finally get a good night's sleep if I would allow management to take care of the problems. Night 4 was just as bad and night 5 offered little improvement. I asked to speak with the manager upon check out and told them how horrible the stay was, I expected at the least an apology if not a partial refund. When you pay the required lodging fees at this property you are entitled to a clean room, attentive service and a good night's sleep (in this reviewer's opinion). A gentleman who claimed to be the manager stared at me blankly at checkout and then told me that the hotel was very full that week.. We have stayed in this hotel on 4 other occassions and never had an experience this bad. It is my belief that as this hotel has aged it has fallen into disrepair and the staff seem not to care. I usually try to stay at Marriott properties because their attention to hospitality is unbeatable, not only will I NEVER stay at this property again but it has me reevaluation my Marriott loyalty. I was sent a survey for my stay after we returned home which I filled out in detail, within the body of the survey I asked to be contacted by ANYONE at Marriott in regard to my horrible experience because I really wanted somebody to at least apologize and make me feel better about the stay, but my request was ignored. Pretty shamefull for a company in the hospitality business.

Room Tip: I suggest choosing a room at the nearby Hampton Inn if you want a clean, quiet room with attentive m...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth W
Elizabeth,
I would like to apologize for the poor experience that you had at our hotel. This was obviously something that left a strong negative impact as you are posting your review almost one year after your stay with us. We strive to provide each guest with a positive experience. A clean, comfortable room in which you can relax with excellent service to match are the basics that you expect when you travel. I apologize that the room, combined with the behavior of other guests did not allow you to enjoy your stay with us. I especially would like to apologize that we did not address your concerns to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on listening to our guests and we clearly dropped the ball with you.

I have shared your comments with our current staff to use as a training tool. We want to ensure that each guest that stays with us has a wonderful experience. I am confident that issues you described will not be experienced in future stays. Thank you for your honest feedback. It is only through this that we improve.

Wild Western Wyoming
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean, spacious and well appointed. The hallways and facilities are also clean. The pool is tiny and the chlorine is nearly overwhelming. The outdoor seating area, fire pit and BBQ were a nice touch. The hotel is within walking distance to a cinema, a museum and a fun shopping/walking area. Breakfast ends at 9, and don't be late as we were because it is packed up and put away and there aren't breakfast options nearby. Overall, I would stay there with kids again, the adjoining rooms help. Not sure if they don't have a king/two doubles adjoining room configuration or if they had sold out, but would have much rather have had that over two rooms with doubles.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehi
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City / Lehi
Hampton Inn Lehi-Thanksgiving Point
Home2 Suites by Hilton Lehi / Thanksgiving Point
Courtyard Lehi at Thanksgiving Point
Best Western Timpanogos Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - Draper

Been to SpringHill Suites Lehi at Thanksgiving Point? Share your experiences!