“Always good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 700 West
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have been to the Roosters restaurant on several occasions and I am never disappointed. It is not the greatest place to eat, but the food is better than average, and the service is very good. I would recommend you try their famous onion rings: they are great!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

A restaurant should be appetizing right? Why would a restaurant have a waiter that is into self mutilation and grosses people out? Our waiter had holes in his ear lobes bigger than a silver dollar and filthy finger nails. To make things worst he leaned over the table to take our order forcing us to get up close and personal with his nasty ears. Sickened the ladies so much that they didn't eat. He kept calling us "man." Totally unprofessional. they had some barefoot guy they dug off the street playing guitar and singing. He was dirty and looked like he hadn't bathed In weeks. also, he was too load, so loud we couldn't talk to one another without screaming. He also couldn't sing. I ordered fish and chips and a draught beer. The beer was warm and the fish was cooked in burnt old oil....the crust was dark brown and hard as a rock. The fish was also mushy. If you don't mind eating at a freak show and like mediocre beer and sub par food...this is your place.

1  Thank Gwp59
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our first visit to a Rooster's Restaurant. We chose Kym's Capellini Pasta (Angel Hair) and it was fabulous. The plater was beautifully presented with roasted tomatoes around the edges, roasted garlic, feta cheese, basil, and Capellini Pasta. A very delicious Italian faire. The service was great along with a interesting and fun atmosphere. Lots of customers which tells me that Roosters has a great reputation for outstanding food. You have to check out the t-shirts worn by the staff. I won't say any more - I report - you decide!!!!! The management was on duty working the tables - always a good sign.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We visited 6 restaurants in Layton and this was the best. Food was good quality and well-prepared. Service (lunch) was efficient, friendly, and very accommodating. I would go out of my way to return.

1  Thank Retiredguy66
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We visited the Roosters restaurant on the Saturday before Mother's Day as a group of 8, ranging in age from 13 to 85. Although we arrived early, the only place for us to sit was on the patio as they appeared to have blocked off most larger tables for groups with later reservations. The weather was nice and we enjoyed that area as it was quieter and thus more appropriate for the elders in the group, rather than the somewhat noisy interior. The beers were average even though they style themselves as offering specialty brews. The menu was OK, but one had to hunt for items that were not too spicy, however the more spicy selections were well done. The less spicy ones, a pasta particularly, were uninspired. Our service was quick and efficient. The price was average.