“Guest friendly”

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Located between Salt Lake City and Ogden, this hotel is by far the best in the city. the staff is very attentive to all guests, restaurant personnel are top-notch and room service is very quick. If hotel dining is not your flair then you will be happy to know there are a variety of restaurants within walking distance as is a shopping mall. I have stayed at various hotels in Layton throughout 2010 and made the Hilton Garden Inn my "home away from home" for six months and when I went back to Utah for a vacation I made sure to stay at this hotel as well. It is within driving distance of all the major resorts.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed January 10, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions during the past 3 years. It is conveniently located at the Davis Convention Center and near several restaurants and malls in the area. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful and is mindful of our room request.
This hotel offers better rates during winter. In summer - the rates increase dramatically, hence my rating of value. Otherwise - it is consistently well maintained, and offers many ammenities. For those visiting the Layton, Clearfield, area - whether for business or leisure, this hotel is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank seaview69
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I stayed here on NYE even though we are local. I was looking for something fun for the kids and the Hilton Garden Inn sure delivered. The kids had a blast in the heated and clean pool! We treated ourselves to room service and the staff was superb- splitting their meals so I wouldn't have to.

Although I was initally disappointed that our room didn't come with a DVD player the front desk happily let the kids choose a movie and didn't charge us- now that's service!

Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2010

The front desk girl didn't belive me or thought I was I stupid when I said, " The room you game is an adjoining room ( I always request not to have one and not to be by the elevator.) The girl didn't said yoy must think it's your suite door, and had another girl walk me to my room again. I am a Hilton Gold Member-I think I know the difference.
When they saw that they were wrong, they said,' they were sorry", and said, " boy, a bet we made people mad at us"
I have never been treated so rude before. I was nice and said nothing.
Then she said she only had one room available and put me by the elevator,,, bing,,,bing.. no way! After an Hour, I had enought of that! It is loud- trust me.
I went up and complained again and some lady didn't want her room so me and her changed rooms.

The front desk girl called and saidl she was":sorry."

I wished, I would of listen to the reviews - you can hear the people from the bar. They were outside just talking and I could hear them.

The bed was really hard! Not your typical Hilton / Hampton beds!

The rooms are clean and that is the only nice thing I can say.

So, I didn't get my room I ordered.
I had to go to the same room twice and show the front desk it wasn' the room I wanted-
I had to be moved because I do not want to hear an elevator door
I had to listen to people all night long-I should went and joined them, at least someone was having a good time!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I stayed in the HGI since my normal hotel was booked. I only stayed one night. Member below said it best "This is a socks on" environment. Far from clean and doesn't meet the reputation.

Fahrenheit lounge was expensive and staffed with a very slow and apathetic waitress, she seemed more interested in the groupies than the patrons. They had live music as advertised but he took some very long breaks. He was also pre-occupied. Won't be going back.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2010

This hotel seems to be the opposite of the PR campaign that suggests that business performers choose HGI, sleep well and are ready for the day ahead.
Well, when tomorrows a big day, stay away from HGI Layton.
By the early hours of day three, I had a nasty migraine.

I arrived to a noisy environment, with live entertainment in the adjoining "Fahrenheit" night club just below my room, some "pub singer" was butchering an REM song, no lights were on in the room and the thermostat was set at 60.
There were large stains on the carpet - this is a "socks on" environment. I felt the need to check the beds for insects, in part because of the general impression that the room looked like it had about ten years of hard use.
Found a big brown stain on the mattress of one of the double beds. The mattress slip covers do not fit properly - this is pretty unhygienic and a good way to allow insects to make it home.
The housekeeping staff are fairly inconsiderate of the guests, engaging in very loud conversations, yelling to one another in Spanish down the hallway before 9am - I work unusual hours and the sign hung on several doors didn't help keep the noise down.

There were hairs in/on almost all of the towels, the shampoo, conditioner and mouthwash were slimy, I didn't get the impression they were unhandled and used my spares.

The design of the building is the most inconvenient HGI layout I've encountered, with the "side door" being near the front door and all available parking being down a flight of stairs around the side of the building (with no door around there).

I still had to provide photo ID and credit card, despite "zip checkin" and Diamond/130+ nights I spend with Hilton each year.

If I could make a positive recommendation to this franchise, it would be to charge more per night and refurbish the place, possibly do some remodeling to the building, but definitely upgrade the rooms, so they don't have the look and feel of a Days Inn, or rural Best western.
I think this property should only be considered if you're attending a conference in the adjoining property and the gathering is doubling as a social occasion, otherwise, you have chosen poorly.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Hotel seems new and in very good condition. Service was very good. They do have a loud bar/club on the ground floor so you need to make sure your room is not above it.

Our room was near equipment on the roof and it rattled at night. Noise would pulse up and down - not a steady drone. Too full to move rooms.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business