“Frirendy staff.”

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great Staff, very clean bedrooms and Hotel. I will stay again at the Hilton Garden Inn. Nice big bedrooms, I found the second and third floor best because of people going outside to smoke on the ground floor.

2  Thank Roland A
HGILaytonManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! Glad your stay was enjoyable and for your loyalty with us! We will see you next time your in Layton!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

When you walk in from cold weather the warmth of the hotel and its staff makes you feel at home. The room is quiet and very neet. The restaurant and lobby rivals that of very large Hotels in major cities. The staff are accomodating and friendly.

2  Thank Philp C
HGILaytonManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

I am so glad you had a comfortable stay! I too think our restaurant is outstanding! We strive for exceptional service here and glad we achieved it for you! Thanks for your loyalty and we'll see you next time your in town!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Excellent hotel, our third stay in three years. Large quiet rooms with a great sleep after a long drive. Beds were comfortable with extra pillows already provided. Bathroom was clean and lots of towels. Breakfast in the morning was quick and flavorful. We had the eggs benny and fresh cut fruit. Starbucks coffee for me and a descent tea for my wife. We would both come back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Randy B
HGILaytonManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your response! I'm happy to hear that your stay was exceptional! We aim to have each and every guest pleased in every aspect of their stay! We will see you next time you are in the Layton area and thanks again!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have never found the beds in Hilton Garden Inns to be particularly good. The bed here proved to be the worst ever. Only half inflated the other half wouldn't move no matter what I did. So I had to prop half the bed up with pillows to level myself out.

The pillows, towels and toiletries were fine. The jacuzzi was good and the walk in shower was nice.

The room had a microwave, fridge, sink, coffee machine and iPod dock.

Parking and WIFI are free. Breakfast is not included.

Not great, not bad either.

Room Tip: Room 107 was good, except for the bed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ThePackedBag

Thank you so much for your response! I'm sorry to hear your stay was just ok. We strive to have each and every guest leave with a wonderful stay. I'm sorry about the bed and wished we could have had maintenance take a look at it. Let us know when you are here next and we will get you taken care of!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stay here every year for the Anime Bonzai Convention. Since the hotel is attached to the convention center, I can send my daughter and her friends to the convention and keep myself busy in the gym, pool, or work on my computer and watch television. The rooms all have a fridge and microwave so I can stock it and let them come and go which makes it easy for me. They remodeled the lobby this year. The restaurant is slow service, not very good service, but it is in the hotel and there are plenty other places closeby. The lobby has coffee available for free all the time so. You don't need to brew your own in the room. I wish the bathrooms had fans to help with steamy mirrors and a makeup mirror, but that would make the place perfect. The pull out couch bed is uncomfortable but the beds are great. Looks and smells clean. The swimming pool has a bit discoloration but smells of chlorine so it is probably safe, but I wouldn't trust the hot tub. The workout room is perfect and is exactly what I need with treadmills, a bike, ellipticals, free weights, a weight machine, yoga mats and a yoga ball. Parking was an issue this time, and they don't have enough trolleys for loading and unloading luggage, so small fixes would make it better. Overall, good hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
HGILaytonManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! You were detailed and we apprciate that! We love it when Anime Bonzai is here and are glad you had a comfortable stay with us! Thanks again and we'll see you next year!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great staff, clean hotel, no surprises. I have stayed here many times over the years and I will continue to return to this hotel. Everyone goes out of there way to make a positive impact, every encounter, every staff member.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGILaytonManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to go above and beyond with all of our guests! Thank you for your loyalty and we'll see you next time!

Nancy DeJong
AGM

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Beautiful lobby with a friendly staff. Too bad the same attention to detail has not made it to the rooms. Had a suite with dirty carpet and a broken television. The rooms desperately need updated. Breakfast buffet was good with friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGILaytonManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you very much for your response. We try very hard to make sure that every guest is comfortable and taken care of! I appreciate you letting us know that we need to pay more attention to our guest rooms. I will get together with director of housekeeping and make sure we are communicating about the spots on the carpets to get that taken care of immediately! I am informed that we did bring a new TV up to your room promptly. I apologize it wasn't already in the room at check-in. I know when I am in a suite with my family we all want to watch something different so it is imperative to have both TV's! Please let me know if there is anything else you may need.
Nancy DeJong