There are a couple of things that I would like to share regarding our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Layton. First of all, the staff is TOP NOTCH. Everyone we encountered had a smile on, greeted us when they saw us and, overall, provided all-around excellent customer service. Brandi, a waitress is the restaurant, was exceptional! Now on to some constructive criticism:
1. Our room - I like my rooms clean. No hair in the shower/tub or on the floors, no "obvious" stains anywhere in the room, etc...and our suite, Room 237, was definitely showing its years.
The whirlpool tub had hair in it upon our arrival and was yellow/rusted around the jets. So much so that neither my husband nor I wanted to use it and we wouldn't allow our children to either. Second, the couch had stains on it. Some were very large, almost like someone had spilled something. I'm not sure what it was, but it was gross. We needed it for our daughter to sleep on the pull-out bed, otherwise we probably wouldn't have used it. Overall, the cleanliness of the room could have been much, much better. Also, the pillows were horrible. Way to hard. The bed was just ok.
2. The pool - YUCK! We had hoped to enjoy the pool area each day during our stay but ended up only using the facilities one day due to the condition of the pool area. The edges of the pool literally had what appeared to be mold growing all over them. And I'm not just talking about a little mold here and there...I'm talking about mold that could be found around the entire diameter of the pool. It was easily seen even sitting in the poolside chairs. We swam for a while the second day of our stay (which was 5 nights total) but I wouldn't allow my children to touch the sides of the pool -- and then we never used it again.
3. Noise level - I'll start by saying that overall the noise level inside of the hotel was very good. However, we had a problem two nights in a row with noise from the outside of the hotel filtering into our room. It must have been from Club Fahrenheit because we could hear music playing and people's voices REALLY carried into our room. So much so that my husband and I had problems falling asleep those two nights. (I'm sure it was people using the outside patio area at the club).
We didn't report any of these issues to management during our stay, as it really isn't in our nature to complain. However, I did provide this information in a survey that we received after our stay. Based on our "customer service experience" at the hotel, I'm confident these issues will be looked into.
As I mentioned initially, the service at this hotel was excellent and the location was perfect. (Lots of stores, restaurants, and things to do in the area!) If we returned, would we stay at this property again? Possibly, but not without first knowing that the room and pool cleanliness issues had been taken care of. Otherwise, we would probably look at staying at a different Hilton property in the same area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton Hotel Layton
- Hilton Garden Inn Layton
- Hilton Layton
- Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton Utah