“Great Food and Great Service”

Garcia's Mexican Restaurant
Order Online
Ranked #16 of 214 Restaurants in Layton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 27, 2019

We stopped into Garcia's because we were in the mood for Mexican food and it was close to our hotel. It is a fairly large restaurant and we were seated almost immediately. They started us with warm chips and salsa and refried beans (frijoles) for dipping. We could have made a meal of just that! We signed up for their Loyalty Program before we went and received a free appetizer just for signing up. So we started with the Cheese Crisp, it was a crispy tortilla with baked cheese on top and was very good.

We ordered the "Make your own Combo" and the Monterey Wrap. Both were very good and the potions were large. The menu is your typical Mexican fare; Combination Plates, Burritos, Enchiladas, Tacos and various specialties. They also have a kid's menu and have no problem making vegan dishes. They also have a desert menu and a full service bar.

The staff was friendly, food came out fast and hot and they checked on us regularly to make sure everything was ok. It appeared that many locals frequent this establishment which is always a good sign. Don't know if this is the best Mexican food in the area but we were very pleased and will come again when we get back to the area. Definitely worth a try if you enjoy Mexican food.

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a reviewReviews (97)

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Went here for the first time this last weekend. They seated us within 10 minutes and our server was friendly and attentive the entire time. The salsa and chips were yummy and the server brought us five different salsas to sample. The burritos were delicious and everything tasted fresh. Good experience over all.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed dinner with a colleague. Dinners were excellent.
Tampico stuffed chicken was excellent. Sour cream chicken enchiladas were outstanding. Margarita was pretty good

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

It has been a very long time since we’ve been to Garcias, I think the last time we were there it was called Chi-Chi’s. But I do remember the bean dip and the salsa being great and it still is. The food was hot and fresh and fast and everything was good the server was friendly and happy to serve us.
I would go back again for sure.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 24, 2018

When you first sit down you are brought a large bowl of fresh, warm chips and each person receives their own bowl of salsa and a bowl of bean dip and they refill them as much as you want. The service is very good and attentive. My wife had their Chile Relleno plat with 2 chilies, beans and rice. I had the Olivia's Sampler plate which was more than I could eat (I finished it later that night). In all, with tip, we spent $33 which is very reasonable. I live 45 miles away so I don't get to go there often enough, but I would.

Date of visit: June 2018