“good”

Golden Corral
Ranked #82 of 187 Restaurants in Layton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed June 22, 2013

it was good. Typical golden corral. Nice value pricing! was clean and efficient wait staff was not overly friendly or helpfull though

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Everything was as you'd expect from here. Food was good, service was excellent.
Only downside was eating too much. :)

Reviewed January 19, 2013

There is a huge selection of food and it is prepared well. The restaurant is clean and the servers are attentive and kept our glasses filled and the took the dirty plates away. I like the pricing for kids based on age, but still felt overall the price for buffet was a little high for my how my family eats. If we were bigger eaters the value would definitely be there, but since we don't over-indulge, we don't get full value for our meal. This is the reason we don't typically eat at a buffet style place, but we went with friends and put this aside to enjoy their company.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

In the past 5 years Golden Corral as a chain seems to have taken a slip backwards as far as cleanliness, quality, value, service and taste. There was a time a decent quality meal could be had - with the benefits of a buffet but now, with the focus on cutting labor, reducing table service and a move away from friendly people carving and serving the steak on the buffet, Golden Corral seems to be appealing to the lowest common denominator. It's sad. I remember, even as a buffet, being able to arrive at a Golden Corral to have a fun decent meal with options that appeal to everyone and while I know it is a buffet, I can't help but still want some service and cleanliness. For me, having given Golden Corral, as a brand/chain, multiple opportunities to win be back, I find it is time to move away from the habit of dining with them. I imagine, in the long run, this will also benefit my health since we as Americans do seem to prefer gluttony over quality. Maybe this was the universe's way of allowing me to see that there are healthier, cleaner, more service oriented options available. This location especially, seems to have taken the hit the hardest but I have noticed this trend across the board with other locations in this region.

3  Thank dalessiopietro
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Good choice of food available but the quality and freshness of the food was sometimes a little uncertain. Reasonable value eat all you can buffet fare, nothing special. Great for families with big appetites but you need to eat alot to get your money's worth and to my mind the risk isn't worth taking.