“good salad bar”

Ranked #63 of 184 Restaurants in Layton
inspiration, CA
“good salad bar”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

In so cal, they closed most of the sizzlers years ago, so it was nice to go to one in Utah. Great wholesome food, server was new, but were helpful and efficient since my wife didn't know the Sizzler routine of order 1st before you get to sit down, etc. We loved the salad bar! Featuring kiwi fruit and fresh cod, clam chowder, this was one of the better salad bars we've ever been.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank morloff

The Wild West
“Overpriced for what you get”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The food was just so so but the prices were high for a chain. I won't be going back. The girls waiting on us were more interested in chatting about their MEN

Visited February 2013
3 Thank CubPilot
Layton, Utah
“Salad bar good, steak variable”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have eaten at sizzlers since the 80's in California, Texas, and Utah. The Salad Bar was the thing that first had me going there in the 80's in California. Excellent array of salads and other stuff, a meal all on its own. Then I went to Texas, good steak but a lousy bar. Then I went to Utah, over the last 12 years the salad bar has improved, but it is still not a good as the ones in California in the 80's.

This trip was taken at around 5:45 PM on Saturday. The line was about eight groups long and they were taking orders in the line to avoid a long wait at the registers. Seating was at about 80% and we were lucky to grab a booth just as they cleaned it off.

We had the two steak and all you can eat salad bar for $19.95, came with a steak, a side, and the bar. I had the broccoli which was done just right (if you like hot and firm), but was just bare boiled vegetable. My wife had the baked beans that she liked a lot.

The salad bar, OK, had several types of greens and some other salad stuff. The taco bar was fair, but only had Parmesan cheese. the other salads. were the prepared types like ambrosia, potatoes macaroni, and they had several fresh fruit like pineapple, melon, kiwi.

The steak. This is the worse steak I have ever had. We both ordered medium rare, the wife's was rare and looked like an end piece that was pounded like round steak. Mine was two pieces, done medium, one piece looked like it was partially chewed on. I complained to the waitress and she agreed with me and took it back, the second time it looked like a steak and was medium rare. However it did not feel like a true steak, kind of shredded up feeling. I took half home to make breakfast burritos and it did not slice like a steak.

Service, the waitress was 5 star. Jamie took good care of us and she also had several other tables that were more crowded.

As others have said, the steak is a crap shoot. The bar ranges around good.

Not much else to say about the chain store. Food was marked average since the bar was a bit above and the steak below.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank 1Ray
Layton, Utah, United States
“Steaks not cooked as ordered!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Every time we eat there the stakes would over cook themselves on the hot sizzling skillet. The fries would always come out cold and hard.

2 Thank Jay S
Utah
“Average - Not dependable on steak quality or cooking”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

So, my father in law loves going to Sizzler, and has been to this location several times. The salad bar is great, but it is the inconsistency of the steak quality and inaccurate cooking that begs for change. Uniformity of the steak is a must; you cant cook a steak dry just to leave a nickel size of the center at medium.

Visited May 2012