“Group booking was just ignored”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #108 of 185 Restaurants in Layton
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We made a group booking here for 45 people, I personally spoke with the manager of the restaurant at the time and confirmed our booking on the day. However when we arrived we found that all the tables were taken with the staff seemingly unaware that there was a booking.

When I spoke with the manager the response was amazing - "yeah sorry we're real busy tonight"...last time I remember that was the whole point of a booking...needless to say we found somewhere else to go.

So if you're a group maybe look for a more reliable place to make a booking - there's plenty of others in the area.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Many restaurants in this segment have disappeared and for the rest of them it seems they have all gone in the same direction - a few signature dishes, value meals and a less labor (servers, hosts) mentality. While Chili's used to be a special visit it has now become just a meal. There seems to be a loss of the fun that the chain once had and shared with the guests. The food was slightly better than average. The service was good enough but nothing special. The location is good but the entrance to the restaurant is oddly placed. This is a second tier choice for us but not a place we dislike - it's a place we wish would bring back the magic of days that are gone.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We showed up as a party of 9 after 10pm, and they were short staffed. The waiter took good care of us, ran around and made sure we were taken care of. He kept the drinks full, and got us the foold quick. He was also smart enough to know how to handle appetizers for a table of 9.

Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

We the food was over priced. If only a restaurant would use less money on all the lights and colors and mire on the food quality.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I usually don't write reviews for national chains (they spend millions on advertising anyway) but felt I had to address my experiences at Chili's. First off, I like Chili's food and love their chips and salsa, probably why I keep going back there. I only go there maybe twice a year at best because the experience is always the same.
We wait about a half hour to be seated, which if we went anywhere else in a mile radius would be half that time. Once we are seated it takes at least 15 minutes before we even get any water brought to the table. On this last visit we waited 30 minutes from the time we sat down to the time we had our order taken. We almost got up and left and so did the table next to us.
The food finally came and our waiter kept apologizing when he did come and saying there were problems in the back. He did give us the chips and salsa for free which I appreciated.
I'll likely go back again but it won't be for several months when I forget about the poor service.