“Not Impressed.”

Description: 801-771-3474
Denver CO
“Not Impressed.”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

To start we were seated in the corner of a ~half full restaurant. This was in a semi-private room with another couple that decided it would be a good idea to bring their dog to dinner at a public restaurant??? Don't get me wrong, I love dogs but kind of weird... And in this semi-private room there was no music so I could hear every bite the other couple was eating, as we were about to leave I asked about the music and come to find out there was a reception earlier and no one turned the music back up... so after making our minds up on drinks, then apps, then dinner, then dessert and triple checking our desicions we still had not been met by our server. Another server from acrossed the room saw us and took initiative to check on us. She was very nice. The raw oysters were good to start with. and we had some other apps then shared the Admirals Platter which I was glad we still had several small plates of apps infront of us because the admirals platter was pretty weak. Missing a leg on the snow crab which wasn't much bigger than a blue claw, i kid you not! Was hoping to satisfy the seafood need but it didn't happen at Mcgrath's. We skipped the dessert. I heard there is a really good seafood buffet in Park City but is only open during the ski season :( I will try it out next season and let you know.

• Visited April 2013

inspiration, CA
“awesome”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

we enjoyed the 2 Tail Dinner (lobster & crab), and the carbonara pasta. Food was excellent, and for dessert, we shared a key lime pie. Mmmm!

Visited May 2013
Kaysville, Utah, United States
“Not so good anymore”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and kids used to come here often and have a great experience. The previous visit I could tell it was going down hill and the food was just okay. I always give places a second chance so I chose to come here for my birthday this week. We all had a terrible experience and the food was disappointing. Between the employees yelling across the restaurant at each other talking about schedules and what ever else they could throw in the loud conversation, the blender in the bar that is SO LOUD that everyone in the building had to stop talking until the drink was finally blended to the food quality needing to be stepped up.

My words to the management team - Hire the right people and teach your staff how to create a customer friendly atmosphere and please step up the food quality like it used to be.

• Visited May 2013
Fruit Heights, Utah
“We Love McGraths”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We eat here probably once every other month, and since this is the only decent seafood restaurant that we know of in this vicinity, we're glad it's a good one! It certainly doesn't rival any Hawaiian fish houses, if only because they don't have Ono or Opah, but we still love eating here when we get the chance.

Visited February 2013
Bountiful, Utah
“Worm in my fish”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I used to really like McGrath's but my past few experiences there have not been great. Last night I got a meal off their fresh seafood list. It was a soft white fish with a coconut crust over a marionberry sauce. I had been enjoying it and was almost finished when I noticed what looked like a soft stringy thing in the center. The server came to take our plates and saw us examining what was on the plate. I said I was worried it was a worm and he said he wasn't sure. He then came back and confirmed that it was a worm, after having talked to the chef, and explained that worms in soft white fish are totally normal. Normal or not, I was grossed out. It was awkward because he'd been honest about telling me what it was for sure, but then didn't make any kind of attempt to make us feel better, such as a small discount on our bill or free dessert. It was just sort of a matter of fact explanation like "well it's white fish, so you got a worm." My fiancé was dissatisfied with his food as well, his lobster tail was rubbery and overcooked. Our bill came to 60 dollars between the two of us and really wasn't worth it. We left feeling grossed out and disappointed.

Visited December 2012