Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Sparks, United States
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The staff was awesome, every staff member we saw had a smile and a friendly greeting. The Hotel lobby, fire pit and BBQ areas were clean & welcoming. Our room was amazing. the bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, and the kitchen area was spotless. One of the better places to stay and the price was more than reasonable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for the incredible review and the very kind words you shared. A clean, quiet hotel and friendly staff is exactly the environment we seek to create for our valued guests. Thank you so much for complementing us and our hotel. We look forward to your next visit very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Thai first
Santa Clara
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Outside of not having a recycle bin in my room and towels that were pre-soiled by a previous guest the room was comfortable and pleasant. The heat/AC system has a problem. You can't get it to warm up unless you set it to 85 degrees. The room was spacious and plenty of work space. Internet was perfectly fine, but must be renewed daily. Bed was comfortable and there was a nice large TV in the room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
I really appreciate you taking the time to speak with me the other day. As we discussed every one of your issues has been addressed. You mentioned you don't have a need to travel back to Layton anytime soon, but if that changes we hope to have you back to prove we will deliver a great experience. Thank you again for everything.
Syracuse, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was an excellent hotel for kids. We had the kitchen available for snacks and drinks. They loved the pool and hot tub. The breakfast was good with plenty of selections. I would recommend this hotel for a weekend getaway or a long term stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for choosing us as the destination to bring your grandkids. I believe I was the one that checked you in. Your grandchildren are lucky to have such great grandparents to treat them to a night out and a day of swimming. The next time you treat your grandchildren we hope you bring them back here. Thank you very much.
dayton, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Hotel is very nice, especially for an extended stay. Fridge, dishwasher, dishware, microwave, but no stovetop. Barbecue grills on the back porch for your use. Pool and hot tub, exercise room, washing facilites all on site. The only real complaint that i have is that the water temp changes when someone flushes a toilet while you are the in shower.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for writing a great review. I love the extra features that we have that most hotels do not like the BBQ grills that you mentioned. We hope your travels bring you back to Layton and we get the honor of having you back. Thank you again for staying with us.
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Lots of ups and downs here. Staff was very helpful. They honestly tried. First room had long term neighbors next to it that were extremely loud. Went downstairs to ask for a new room. She said she knew the people and would move me. Why put us there is she knew that? If you need your key card more than once a day, expect to make a trip (or more) down to the desk to get it reprogrammed. This place made me really miss keys. The fridge had been repaired "10 minutes) before we were given the room. Took hours I get cool. We had lots of food to store. Again, why put us in a room that had an issue? Yes, the staff was nice and the room large, but not worth it. And if you plan on TV, think again. Fuzzy reception, few major channels. No ESPN, even after they reset it. On the plus side, if you need a large room and good blackout shades with excellent temperature control, this is it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I apologize about the issues that you encountered while staying at our hotel. The issues that you had are not typical and we have addressed every one of them. I would love the chance to have you back so we can show you the experience that you deserve. Please contact me directly so I can make sure we get you taken care of. We expect everybody to have a great stay please call me so I can take care of you.
Denver
Reviewed April 13, 2014

we stayed here 5 nights and asked to be moved the second day due to a horrible smell in our room. The staff told us that a family had stayed in that room for an extended period of time and it has smelled horrible since. I didn't ask for a refund nor was I offered 1 for our first night. The 2nd room was fine except for a broken lock on the bathroom door.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
I am very sorry for the bad experience you had with us. I have sent you an email already but I am committed to show you I care about you and your business. We will take care of you and I look forward to speaking with you in the future.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Hilton Honors member. Never tried this accommodations before. Love the concept, hotel/time share. From the time we checked in to checked out, friendliest personnel throughout. love the rooms and breakfast. First hotel that we knew the names of the employees and had conversations that felt we knew each other for a long time. This was a business/pleasure trip for
my wife and I. Would definitely stay here again in the future...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Based on the title of your post I believe you reviewed the wrong hotel. Based on your experience I would not be surprised if you stayed at our hotel. Home2 Suites as a brand is committed to delivering a great experience. If it was meant for us thank you very much if not we hope we get the chance to prove we are just as great.