Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Layton
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hotel was clean and quiet; Staff was friendly. I would definitely stay again. The hotel was convenient to my work location; It was across the street from the Hilton Garden Inn and acted as an overflow; Not quite the Hilton Gardens, but definitely of great quality for a reasonable price. Had all the amenities for a comfortable stay. I arrived with last minute booking for lodging and they were friendly and professional in accomodation. Will recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

We are glad you gave us an opportunity after not being able to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. We at Hilton really appreciate your loyalty to us. It is the loyal guests like yourself that keep us in business. Thank you again and we look forward to the next chance we get to serve you here.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed a week. The hotel is very nice. It has a free basic breakfast but all day coffee. The wifi worked well and the business center was very useful. The staff is also very helpful. The area is close to the mall and restaurants. There is also a bbq place next to the hotel that is very good. Parking was easy and free. There is a walking path around the hotel which is great for pets or kids. For exercise there is also a nice pool and fitness area. There are outdoor grills. I used one and the staff was happy to give me grilling utensils. There is also a nice fire pit that is on every night.
The room was very big and well thought out. There is a large tv that can pivot from the sofa to the bed for viewing from both areas. The walls are thin and you may hear your neighbors. The housekeeping staff was great. The bed is comfortable and the shower has great pressure.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us for a week. We were built for the traveler staying a little longer although we love the short stays too. It sounds like you enjoyed several of the amenities we offer including the pool, the grills, and the walking trail. I am thrilled you had a great experience and really appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I hope the next time you find yourself in Layton; we get to enjoy you here. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I am not happy with my stay at this hotel. I called in advance and reserved a room. Upon check-in, they had lost my reservation and put me up in a different room. The room was nice and clean once I finally had a room to stay in. Payment for my room was supposed to be on a group account. My group advisor paid for my room as well as the other rooms that were with my group. I was told before leaving that everything was taken care of. Upon returning home, I noticed my card had been billed for the room as well. I have since returned home and am still trying to get this situation straightened out, however, the hotel supervisors are never around and cannot be reached!!! I will never stay here again!!!

Room Tip: go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Brett-

I have messaged you to get this resolved but have not heard back from you. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay but we had a billing issue. I hope that having not heard from you means we got the issue resolved. Please let me know either way. I apologize again and hope we can talk to make sure you are satisfied now. Thank you very much and I hope to talk soon.

Gabe Garn

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel really does make it feel like home. Each room has a small kitchen including a full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and some of the most common appliances. The lounge is welcoming and comfortable to sit in. It doesn't have the typical "just look, don't touch" feel. There is 24-7 Hot Chocolate and coffee available in the dining area. There is even a fireplace just outside the door that they light every night! In their efforts to go green, there is no maid service on the weekends. For my stay, this was just perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for writing such an excellent review. The Home2 brand really is about going green and providing an experience outside of the rooms. I am glad you used and enjoyed the outdoor fire pit. We also have grills just outside the pool area, so you can grill just like you are at your own home. We do have no housekeeping on the weekends to support that green experience but we will provide it upon request. Thank you again for choosing us and we will keep the hot chocolate stocked for your next visit.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We picked Home2 to stay during the Anime Banzai convention because we could connect our computer to the TV and entertain our children with shows. That connection didn't happen, which was a real disappointment. There were some maintenance issues with the room, especially the doors, and despite a lot of square footage, we couldn't get a roll-out bed in there for the kids. Also, don't bother trying to get breakfast at 8:00 a.m. 6:30 was ideal. On the plus side, the decor was splendid and the beds comfortable. Plenty of space for our costuming needs. Just keep in mind that the King suite cannot accommodate more than 4 people without putting someone on the floor.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. The Anime Banzai convention is one of my favorite groups because I just love the costumes and creativity. I am very sorry about the maintenance issues that you encountered. I would love to speak to personally so we can ensure they got resolved. Please contact me, Gabe Garn, directly at your convenience at 801-820-9222. The fire code does limit 4 per room in our studio suites. I apologize that was not made clear to you at the time of booking. Thank you for choosing us and I hope we get the chance to win your business back in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We've stayed at Shilo, Comfort Inn, Hampton, Fairfield, Holiday Inn, etc.. This was our best experience. Quality accommodations; the most comfortable bed, great kitchen area, clean, quiet. Love the glasses and mugs. Friendly staff. Great price. We will look for Home2 for all of our future trips.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for the kinds words you said aobut our hotel. It sounds like you travel a lot but you finally found your Home2. Thank you for calling us your new favorite, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

It was a nice new change to use this Hotel. We had a great couple nights. Just needed to time our breakfast to avoid the crowded area. We will for sure use them again. Great value and location for us.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you very much for giving us the chance to earn your loyalty. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope your need for another room in Layton comes soon so we can have you come back.