Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Castle Dale, Utah
“NOT HAPPY!!!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I am not happy with my stay at this hotel. I called in advance and reserved a room. Upon check-in, they had lost my reservation and put me up in a different room. The room was nice and clean once I finally had a room to stay in. Payment for my room was supposed to be on a group account. My group advisor paid for my room as well as the other rooms that were with my group. I was told before leaving that everything was taken care of. Upon returning home, I noticed my card had been billed for the room as well. I have since returned home and am still trying to get this situation straightened out, however, the hotel supervisors are never around and cannot be reached!!! I will never stay here again!!!

Room Tip: go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Brett-

I have messaged you to get this resolved but have not heard back from you. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay but we had a billing issue. I hope that having not heard from you means we got the issue resolved. Please let me know either way. I apologize again and hope we can talk to make sure you are satisfied now. Thank you very much and I hope to talk soon.

Gabe Garn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Thai first
Logan, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel really does make it feel like home. Each room has a small kitchen including a full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and some of the most common appliances. The lounge is welcoming and comfortable to sit in. It doesn't have the typical "just look, don't touch" feel. There is 24-7 Hot Chocolate and coffee available in the dining area. There is even a fireplace just outside the door that they light every night! In their efforts to go green, there is no maid service on the weekends. For my stay, this was just perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for writing such an excellent review. The Home2 brand really is about going green and providing an experience outside of the rooms. I am glad you used and enjoyed the outdoor fire pit. We also have grills just outside the pool area, so you can grill just like you are at your own home. We do have no housekeeping on the weekends to support that green experience but we will provide it upon request. Thank you again for choosing us and we will keep the hot chocolate stocked for your next visit.
Tooele, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We picked Home2 to stay during the Anime Banzai convention because we could connect our computer to the TV and entertain our children with shows. That connection didn't happen, which was a real disappointment. There were some maintenance issues with the room, especially the doors, and despite a lot of square footage, we couldn't get a roll-out bed in there for the kids. Also, don't bother trying to get breakfast at 8:00 a.m. 6:30 was ideal. On the plus side, the decor was splendid and the beds comfortable. Plenty of space for our costuming needs. Just keep in mind that the King suite cannot accommodate more than 4 people without putting someone on the floor.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. The Anime Banzai convention is one of my favorite groups because I just love the costumes and creativity. I am very sorry about the maintenance issues that you encountered. I would love to speak to personally so we can ensure they got resolved. Please contact me, Gabe Garn, directly at your convenience at 801-820-9222. The fire code does limit 4 per room in our studio suites. I apologize that was not made clear to you at the time of booking. Thank you for choosing us and I hope we get the chance to win your business back in the future.
Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We've stayed at Shilo, Comfort Inn, Hampton, Fairfield, Holiday Inn, etc.. This was our best experience. Quality accommodations; the most comfortable bed, great kitchen area, clean, quiet. Love the glasses and mugs. Friendly staff. Great price. We will look for Home2 for all of our future trips.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for the kinds words you said aobut our hotel. It sounds like you travel a lot but you finally found your Home2. Thank you for calling us your new favorite, we look forward to your next visit.
Missoula, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

It was a nice new change to use this Hotel. We had a great couple nights. Just needed to time our breakfast to avoid the crowded area. We will for sure use them again. Great value and location for us.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you very much for giving us the chance to earn your loyalty. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope your need for another room in Layton comes soon so we can have you come back.
Saint Paul, MN, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

How many titles for reviews are the same as mine? My guess is there may be a lot... Goes to show that this is an amazing hotel for the price, not to mention the plethora of dining and entertainment options around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I agree with you the price for what you get here is pretty incredible. We are glad you felt at home here because after all it is your Home2. Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to write a great review.
Jeffersonville, Ohio
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Room was amazing. This place is gorgeous. Staff was great, and hotel was super clean. As like some other reviewers have pointed out the breakfast is terrible, especially when there are bus loads of students staying at hotel. There was not a clean glass to be found. However, there is full kitchen in room to make it for yourself. I would stay here again, very business traveler friendly. I recommend for those who are not from the area and have some time to site see to visit Antelope Island not far from hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review. The rooms really are amazing we have so many things in the room but they are still very spacious and comfortable. I am glad you went to visit Antelope Island; I hope you went for a float in the Great Salt Lake. If not that is something worth doing the next time you are in town, it is not something you can experience just anywhere.