Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Was close to Lagoon and they have discounted tickets Big plus, Breakfast bar is ok could have a better selection of hot food items. The rooms are big and user friendly beds where very good after a long day outside.Would stay here again Staff was helperful close to shopping.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for choosing us for your trip to Lagoon. We have a great relationship with Lagoon and are happy to pass the savings we get on tickets to you. If you decide to bounce back this year or if you come back next year we hope to see you again. Thank you and I am pleased to see you had a great visit. After a long day at Lagoon a comfortable bed is a must.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel was nice for a simple trip, the suite was simple and nice for the stay. The breakfast was ok not what I expected but fairly good. It turned out to be a nice stay for the price, especially it being a suite. The bed was very comfortable. We will go back again but won't eat breakfast since we like to have a bigger selection.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for writing a review and I am very happy you found the price to be great. We were designed with your wallet in mind. Thank you for choosing us we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We enjoyed the experience as it was our first time in Utah. Everyone on staff was warm and friendly. Room was cleaned and well maintained. The room includes a mini-kitchen and full size refrigerator, but we didn't have time to use. Free wifi is always a plus with Hiltons, and this property did not disappoint. Shower included tank of shampoo and shower gel. For those bringing laptop/tablet, the furniture tucks away efficiently when not using devices. Wall socket near the HDTV includes variety of A/V ports (VGA, RCA, USB, HDMI), but we found these were not working/or not hooked up to the TV. Perhaps if you're there to rehearse a presentation, a maintenance person should redo these wall hookups.

A few items to suggest:
-> in the evening, have a few bananas available at front desk. Banana is an evening fruit containing tryptophan, a natural relaxant. Folks who have bananas in the a.m. can expect to be drowsy in the early afternoon, or must have plenty of coffee to compensate.
-> room was missing the TV channel guide printout; sat TV had lots of channels, so we had difficulty finding (and resuming) our favorite channels.
-> chlorine smell from pool permeated the lobby elevator area. Might want to check the airflow...
->did not use spa or room service, so cannot rate these.
->location is close to air force base, so there were lots of military and contractor folks in the lobby having meetings.
-> breakfast was weak, but since it's part of the room, it isn't worth squawking about.

Room Tip: the hallway is VERRY LOONNG. Pick a room close to elevator, unless you want to walk a lot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate the review you wrote. You pointed out many of the great features that we have in the room that most hotels do not. I love hearing that the staff was friendly that is what we and Hilton are built on. We do have the channel guide in our hotel directory which is also filled with great information about the hotel and area. I am glad you enjoyed your first experience in Utah and we look forward to future experiences with you here.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The rooms were modern and clean, everything worked and the staff was extremely friendly. I didn't try the free breakfast but my colleagues said good things about it. The location isn't great if you have business in Salt Lake City but of the six or seven hotels clustered around this one in Layton, this is definitely the one to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for all the wonderful things you said about our hotel and staff. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Would absolutely stay here again for business or perssonal travel. Great facilities, condition, cleanliness, in room work space, etc. The price we paid was a fair/good value. Compares very favorably to Marriotts Towneplace suites in style and accomodations.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for writing an awesome review. We hope you do continue to choose us for all of your travel needs. Thank you again for choosing us and for writing a great review.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay, it was a wonderful experience. As a guest from out of town, my stay was excellent. The cleaning staff did a outstanding job, even on the weekend when there was limited staffing. My guest loved the hotel, when they came to visit with me. I enjoyed the use of the pool and the gym. Your staff was very polite, to my guest as well as to myself. I will recommend your hotel to friends and family. I will be visiting the state again in the near future. I would also like to thank your staff for the gently way they handled customers that came in while I was present. The lobby was very clean and stocked during breakfast. The cleanliness of the place was great. Again I loved my stay and my daughter had a wonderful time as well. She wants to visit the hotel again when we visit again. Please thank everyone for their kindness and being pleasant. So much is going on in the world, and being in the hotel just made you feel like you could get away from it all. My son graduated from Job Corp and that was the purpose of my visit. I invited my son and some of his friends over for a pizza party and your staff made every body feel welcome. They were to relax afterward and even go swimming for the day. And they were impressed the way they were treated. That is very important to me to see how they reacted to being in a quite environment, they even fell asleep in the hotel and they enjoyed how quite it was. The location was great, because I had access to all the stores in the area. It is a perfect location. Also the parking was great, I did not have to look for parking. The parking lot was always clean. The lobby bathrooms were always clean. I had a wonderful experience at the hotel. And my family did too. Again I can't thank you enough for my experience with you hotel. I will visit again with other family members so that they can experience the same I had. I tried to explain to my friends how great it was to visit this hotel. I have never stayed at a hotel and everything was right and in order. Check in was a breeze and check the same. At night it was beautiful site, with a fire burning outside and it was cozy. And did I mention clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Wow! Thank you for writing such a fantastic review. I think you complimented just about everyone and everything. Congratulations on your son's graduation we are happy you chose us and you had such a great time celebrating him. I have an amazing team that cares about people and it is so nice when that gets recognized. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope the next time you are in town please let me know I would love to see you.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The room was very well designed. There was a great use of the space, with plenty of amenities. The work area, television and kitchen were very nice. The staff was friendly. The building was located very close to a few good restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am happy to hear you had a great stay and loved the hotel. I really love this brand and agree with you they did a great job maximizing the space in the room. I hope the next time you are in Layton we get to see you again.