“Nice decor, comfortable bed, great stay!”

Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a fairly new hotel in a good location to area restaurants, all within walking distance. Loved the modern chic decor, Our room felt like a modern studio apt in Europe somewhere. We also had a beautiful view of the snowy capped Wasatch Mtns. We arrived on a Fri and stayed through Mon. Housecleaning by request on the weekends only so I really liked not being bothered by house cleaners on the weekend! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for the great review. I also love the great views almost every one of our rooms has. On one side are the incredible mountains and on the other is a great view of Antelope Island. Not every hotel in the area has great views of the surrounding beauty. Thank you for the compliments about the room and we can't wait to have you come back next time you come to Layton.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and three kids I thought the rooms would be a bit bigger but we made it work. I choose this hotel because it is in a good location inbetween both places i had to go. The pool and spa were nice and the lights changing color was very cool to my children. I would stay here again but not with all five of us in one room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found our hotel and that you will come back. That is a great compliment to us. I am glad you enjoyed the pool and the special lighting. Thank you again and we hope you need to come back to Layton soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and 2 boys (6) (3) for a weekend at Lagoon. Rooms were really nice, service was great, gym is REALLY nice and the breakfast has a nice variety. Only negative is rooms are narrow. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for the great review. We are a great choice for people like yourself that come to experience what fun is at Lagoon. I am glad you got use of our gym and we hope your next trip to Lagoon includes us again.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I usually like staying at a Hilton brand hotel because they are usually quite nice...admittedly, I like nice. Maybe it was because we checked in on a Friday and we were leaving on Monday, but we were told at the front desk, there was no housekeeping on the weekend...I should have left then. I like my towels changed...I like my trash can emptied ...I like my floors vacuumed ...AND I like my bed made, everyday.
I also like disposable cups in the room because I have seen too many documentaries about what people do when they are suppose to be cleaning the glasses to EVER use one, thank you very much.
Ok, it's a "green" hotel, I get it....I like saving the environment ..but when I am on vacation, I like things as clean as possible and as nice as I can afford.
I will say, the one thing I did like was the built in shelving ...
I could keep going about the things I did NoT like, but I think you get the picture...I did not like this way of doing things and will not stay at another "green" hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank marmee77
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I appreciate you coming to stay with us. I would like to first apologize and clear something up about housekeeping. We do not offer housekeeping on the weekends unless you the guest requests it. We will do as little or as much as you like on the weekends. We have found that many people want to relax and not have housekeeping come in. The next time you are in town please come back and tell us what you want on the weekends and we will do it. We also have liquid dish soap and powder for the dishwasher in the rooms so you can wash the dishes to ensure they are clean. I love the shelving in the rooms also it is nice to have so much space to store things in a hotel room. Thank you again and we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have spent 34 days in this hotel this year so far on two separate trips. I have been in dozens of extended stay hotels across the country and this one is by far one of my favorites. The staff is very accomodating, housekeeping good, and the ammenities what you would expect from this level of hotel. Hilton has taken the green concept and streamlined this hotel, much as you find in europe. The "working wall" is very functional and I love all the ports for various electronics. The clock radio with Ipod dock is a nice touch. If you are like me and must have a bathtub you should know that only the three handicapp access rooms have tubs. I love the electronic window shades! I'm not too fond of the backlit lightswitches since I prefer complete darkness when I'm sleeping. The breakfast bar is what you would expect and in fact fresher than I've experienced in most Hampton Inns (although it's no Embassy Suites breakfast). The location is convenient to the conference center, the mall/movies, and the base. If I could add anything it would be a stove. I will be back next year for sure!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for spending 34 days with us that is great. Because we are an extended stay hotel it is so valuable to get a review from somebody that has stayed here for an extended period of time. Thank you for the kind words about the staff that never gets old. You did a great job talking about so many positives about the hotel and your experience. We cannot wait to have you back and thank you so much.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Very nice hotel. Clean rooms, great lobby, nice pool! The hotel is in a great location as well. We stayed there because we were going to Lagoon Water Park. It was only a 10 min drive (if that) and there are tons of restaurants right by the hotel. Very nice front desk staff! Would stay here again and again!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for the great response it really is great to hear a valued guest speak so highly of our hotel. It is nice how our location is so close to Lagoon, but also the restaurants, the mall, and several movie theaters. Our wonderful staff will be excited to hear of your great comments. Thank you again for staying with us and we can’t wait to have you come back.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

These are a newer brand for the Hilton Family, somewhat rare. This was my first stay. They have a very unique floor plan, in room and in lobby. They remind me of a great deal of aloft hotels but the Home2 has kitchenettes in the rooms and serves free breakfast. Enjoyed my two nights but would stick with a Homewood in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for giving us an oppurtunity and for your positive comments in the review. Homewood Suites is a great brand. Hilton noticed that many of our wonderful guests wanted an all-suites hotel but price was an issue. Home2 Suites is a smart brand that allows us to offer our guests the best extended stay brand for the price. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and hope you continue to choose the great Hilton hotels as you continue to travel.