“Dissatisfaction of my stay.”

Comfort Inn Salt Lake City / Layton
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Logan, Utah
“Dissatisfaction of my stay.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

When I arrived, I waited in line for over an hour before I was checked into the motel. There was only one staff member at the front desk. She was so busy with checking people in she was unable to answer the phone. Everyone waiting in line was angry and frustrated. When I finally did get to my room I was very tired from traveling that day and having to wait to get to my room. After getting to my room and into bed, I was kept awake by screaming kids running up and down the halls.

I checked in for a couple of days as I had family in the area. The room was really worn...the furniture was old and worn out and tattered. After closer examination I noticed how much dust and dirt were on the walls, TV and other parts of the room. The air conditioner in the room was blowing out dust, etc., that was getting in my eyes and throat. The toilet had problems , it overflowed onto the floor, etc. As I cleaned it up, I noticed how dirty the floor, under the sink and the bathroom in general was, and it made me totally disgusted.

The only nice thing about the room was it had a very comfortable bed. I checked out at around 11:00 a.m. that same day and found myself at the La Quinta Inn in Layton.

I checked in there at a better rate, nicer staff, cleaner facility, and the staff cared about me and wanted to make my stay comfortable.

Room Tip: I would just like to let you know that my experience was very unfavorable and I will not stay at you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Linda O
CILManager, General Manager at Comfort Inn Salt Lake City / Layton, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I’m so sorry to hear that your stay was less than favorable. I’m glad to hear that your bed was comfortable as that’s one of the things we get compliments on all the time. I’m surprised by the comment on the condition of the rooms since we recently remodeled the entire building and usually get complimented on the new decor. I’m sorry it’s not to your liking. It sounds like your rooms air conditioner was in need of maintenance which we took care of right away after this review. I do wish we’d had the opportunity to take care of the items mentioned for you while you were with us instead. In the future please know that we’d be happy to fix or switch your room immediately if there is any need for maintenance which I your case it seems there was. Please do contact me at mattr@wslm.biz to give me an opportunity to make this up to you.
Matt Read
Comfort Inn Layton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Catania, Italy
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Room was clean and comfortable. Just keep your vehicle parked at the hotel and you can walk to a veritable plethora of restaurants and a medium-sized mall. The jacuzzi is spacious, warm, and bubbly and the pool is warm as well. It just so happened on the night I was staying, a group of 40 to 50 teenagers from some event descended upon the pool area, so I left early. Anyway, a good hotel and a good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Chose the Comfort in because of the Lagoon special they had, which was a great deal. The hotel had potential with the trendy decor, the warm cookies at check in, and the pleasant staff.Two rooms accommodated our party, and in both we found the cleanliness to be less than favorable. My pillow and two of the sheets had stains and streaks on them, and there were long hairs in my bed. The bathroom floors were sticky, and the corners of the tub housed dust and other things that were not ours. One of the tubs didn't drain properly and left us showering in a slow filling pool. If the cleanliness standards were raised or even met, I would consider a return trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christina K
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend over Thanksgiving while we were in town visiting family. This hotel was great, very comfortable and welcoming. The continental breakfast was very fresh and offered some healthy choices like fresh fruit. The service was great and the staff was friendly. The hotel is across the street from a mall so it is easy to find food and shopping nearby. It's also tucked back enough that its pretty quiet except for noise from cars on the highway. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Morgan, Utah
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've used this Comfort Inn twice, and they've been outstanding both times.

The first was when I had a business associate in from out of town, and he needed a place to stay on short notice. The folks here at Comfort Inn took great care of him, excellent service, and a great room for him. He liked that he could walk to about a dozen restaurants and even more stores during his down time.

The second was a weekend getaway with my wife. I had made the arrangements through Cory, and her and her staff took the time to arrange a special room for us, complete with a gift basket and some other nice pre-arranged goodies. The front desk staff was stellar, and the room was very nice and comfortable. Everything was clean and the room deco was very comfortable as well.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for both the business and pleasure traveler!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Pulled in after a long day of travel with kids, front desk person was super friendly and that was great! We were right off of the I15, which made our early morning departure that much easier.
We were right next to the pool, which was loud and it looked like some sort of teen birthday party was happening. The pool was pretty murkey and didnt feel very clean. Pillows were really tiny, not sure why but they were square instead of rectangular, which made laying on them akward.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Only there for a night but was very impressed. I showed up after a long day of travel and the girl behind the desk was very helpful. She gave me the number to all pizza places that deliver to the hotel so I could relax. Room was large and the bathroom was even bigger. I tend to stick to Comfort suites when traveling and this reminded me of a nice Comfort Suites. Very well decorated, nice flat screen tv, and very comfortable bed.

Breakfast was good, very large spread with waffles, biscuits, and bacon.

Highly recommend this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Layton
BEST WESTERN Plus Layton Park Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Layton
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
Hampton Inn and Suites Salt Lake City/Farmington
Holiday Inn Express Layton  I-15
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton

Been to Comfort Inn Salt Lake City / Layton? Share your experiences!